Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 03-02-2020, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Buggy clip-fx?

If you have two or more clips selected and give them identical clip FX and then want to copy those settings to another clip or set of clips you must first make sure that you're only selecting one clip's FX settings to copy. Even if the settings are identical, Pro Tools can only copy when one clip is selected. This may be behind some of the copy/paste issues
Old 03-02-2020, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonchase View Post
If you have two or more clips selected and give them identical clip FX and then want to copy those settings to another clip or set of clips you must first make sure that you're only selecting one clip's FX settings to copy. Even if the settings are identical, Pro Tools can only copy when one clip is selected. This may be behind some of the copy/paste issues
Interesting. It's definitely possible that I had multiple clips selected with the same settings when copy/paste wasn't working and I never put the two together. I'll keep this in mind in the future and see if I can verify the correlation.

It does seem that it should be possible to allow copy from multiple clips, if the settings are the same, and to throw up a warning to the effect of "Unable to copy Clip FX settings because multiple settings are selected". But I'm sure there are bigger fish to fry on Avid's To Do list.
Old 02-16-2022, 05:31 AM

Resurrecting this thread as this is still an issue in 2021.7. It doesn't have anything to do with multiple clips being selected either.

Could someone check to see if it's still an issue in the latest version?

It is a real time suck mousing to the clip effects window to perform this task.

Thx!
J.R.
Old 02-16-2022, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Fountain View Post
Resurrecting this thread as this is still an issue in 2021.7. It doesn't have anything to do with multiple clips being selected either.

Could someone check to see if it's still an issue in the latest version?

It is a real time suck mousing to the clip effects window to perform this task.

Thx!
J.R.
Still see it on 2021.7 here as well. I have not had the time or courage to update so I'm unsure about newer versions.
Old 02-24-2022, 02:01 PM

In my experience, clip fx equals crash-- particularly during playback and/or looping. Great in theory but not ready for prime-time
Old 02-24-2022, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablovius View Post
In my experience, clip fx equals crash-- particularly during playback and/or looping. Great in theory but not ready for prime-time
I've been using clip fx for years with no crashes. Literally use the clip EQ every day and would not want to work without it.
Old 02-24-2022, 03:29 PM

Same here, no performance issues from Clip EQ, I use it a lot.

MKD Creative
Old 02-26-2022, 05:58 AM

Have to agree with the other guys. It never crashes my system and is an indispensable tool for me now. Hence why I'd love this copy/paste thing to get fixed! :)
Old 02-27-2022, 04:35 PM

clip based eq? does it cross fade as well?

finally a fantastic function of the Fairlight MFX I used in the mid 90's to 2010.. really fast way of working - especially in conjuntion with clip gain -

So can x fade to a lower level clip / now with eq? great on dialog futz

so for stuff like EQ 7 seems stable - but maybe exotic stuff not so?

I think I might actually upgrade from 11 if this is stable, using preview is a bit tedious.
Old 03-01-2022, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fork-media View Post
clip based eq? does it cross fade as well?

finally a fantastic function of the Fairlight MFX I used in the mid 90's to 2010.. really fast way of working - especially in conjuntion with clip gain -

So can x fade to a lower level clip / now with eq? great on dialog futz

so for stuff like EQ 7 seems stable - but maybe exotic stuff not so?

I think I might actually upgrade from 11 if this is stable, using preview is a bit tedious.
Yes I use it exactly the same way I used it on Fairlight. You can set presets too for the top row number keys 1-5. So I can have one for low cut (plosive), one for telephone, etc.... very efficient.