Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2021, 06:08 AM

Default MTRX Studio settings and profiles with multiple user accounts

Hi.

I'm in the process of replacing our HD Omni interfaces with MTRX Studio interfaces in the editing rooms at our faculty. We are using Macs, where each student has their own user account. I have made a custom monitor profile and settings file for our rooms. Is there a way for DADMan to auto-load the profile and settings files the first time a new user account launch DADMan? Like a default folder or something? As of now, when a new user account launches DADMan for the first time, he/she has to go through the process of identifying the MTRX and manually load settings and profiles. I understand this only has to be done when a user account launch DADMan for the first time, but some of our student are non-audio students and wouldn't have a clue on how to do this the first time they log in. Also, our students move between rooms.

In short, is there a way for DADMan to auto-load a custom settings and profile file when a new user account launches DADMan for the first time?

Stein Tore
Old 03-23-2021, 10:19 AM

Default Re: MTRX Studio settings and profiles with multiple user accounts

why not store a universal DADman profile in /Users/Shared/ ? thus available to all users.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:13 PM

Default Re: MTRX Studio settings and profiles with multiple user accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinemke View Post
why not store a universal DADman profile in /Users/Shared/ ? thus available to all users.
This is what I have been doing so far. And it works for those who knows how to do the initial configurations in DADMan. I was hoping for a way to launch DADMan at login and autoload settings and profile so that new users didn't have to worry about DADMan at all. Our mac programmer has made a .plist script which takes care of auto-launching DADMan for all users. Settings and profiles files has to be loaded manually by the users the first time they use DADMan.

I guess the solution will be to continue using /Shared/ folder as you suggest. Our audio students have no problem with this, they know how to configure and use DADMan. It's the non-audio student, a.k.a. video students, I'm worried about. I guess this is a good excuse to not letting them use the audio editing suites for video editing .