Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2016, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Where is my PT 11.3.2 update?

I know i will be making a complaint to the better business bearau my receipt says 4 year upgrade not even a 1 year up grade
Old 12-06-2016, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixmatador View Post
I know i will be making a complaint to the better business bearau my receipt says 4 year upgrade not even a 1 year up grade
The BBB won't help unless Avid is a member of the BBB.

QAPLA!
Old 07-20-2017, 01:08 PM

nevermind
Old 07-20-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboman01 View Post
nevermind
okay - we won't

QAPLA!
Old 07-20-2017, 06:32 PM

Was going to rant but instead I am leaving Avid, going to sell my Pro Tools 11, if possible because I don't think anybody will buy it to be honest.

Avid's support went to h311 if you ask me. Also I purchased a PT11 license and I should get the full support to include the 11.3.2 support.

So, I am going over to Logic Pro X and Ableton Live...

You folks have fun and maybe Avid will wake up one day because from all the youtube videos I've seen they are losing a lot of customers...
Old 07-21-2017, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Was going to rant but instead I am leaving Avid, going to sell my Pro Tools 11, if possible because I don't think anybody will buy it to be honest.

Avid's support went to h311 if you ask me. Also I purchased a PT11 license and I should get the full support to include the 11.3.2 support.

So, I am going over to Logic Pro X and Ableton Live...

You folks have fun and maybe Avid will wake up one day because from all the youtube videos I've seen they are losing a lot of customers...
Avid changed their tune; 11.3.2 was supposed to be a free update but as we all know that went by the wayside. We were even told here by Tony Cariddi that any updates to PT11.3.1 were to be free.

QAPLA!
Old 07-21-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Avid changed their tune; 11.3.2 was supposed to be a free update but as we all know that went by the wayside. We were even told here by Tony Cariddi that any updates to PT11.3.1 were to be free.

FREE? I think I paid my share of dues, Pro Tools 9, Pro Tools 10 upgrade, Pro Tools 11, Pro Tools 12 for one year 2015-2016 (just to test it)...I am sure others have spent way more than I have so they have paid their dues to this company. Its nothing but GREED, GREED, GREED with Avid...Maybe they should create a application called Avid Greed "Like no other we stick it to our customers." Including the one and only plugin called Shaft, straight forward and gets the job done. On with a subscription will you be able to get the plugins and any updates to previous versions of OTHER applications.

I got what I've got and I am pretty much done with Avid, I will not purchase another product from them ever again, ever. I don't care if they give it out for free, I will not accept it. There are plenty of other companies who respect their customers and treat them fair.

But with that said, I was able to find 11.3.2, if Avid doesn't like it who cares, I paid for Pro Tools 11 and 11.3.2 is part of Pro Tools 11..

Good Day and thanks fellas and screw you Avid..

Last edited by roboman01; 07-21-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
FREE? I think I paid my share of dues, Pro Tools 9, Pro Tools 10 upgrade, Pro Tools 11, Pro Tools 12 for one year 2015-2016 (just to test it)...I am sure others have spent way more than I have so they have paid their dues to this company. Its nothing but GREED, GREED, GREED with Avid...Maybe they should create a application called Avid Greed "Like no other we stick it to our customers." Including the one and only plugin called Shaft, straight forward and gets the job done. On with a subscription will you be able to get the plugins and any updates to previous versions of OTHER applications.

I got what I've got and I am pretty much done with Avid, I will not purchase another product from them ever again, ever. I don't care if they give it out for free, I will not accept it. There are plenty of other companies who respect their customers and treat them fair.

But with that said, I was able to find 11.3.2, if Avid doesn't like it who cares, I paid for Pro Tools 11 and 11.3.2 is part of Pro Tools 11..

Good Day and thanks fellas and screw you Avid..
With PT12 you got the PT11.3.2 update in your account.

QAPLA!
Old 07-21-2017, 02:41 PM

Unless he rented PT12
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
With PT12 you got the PT11.3.2 update in your account.
Yea but after you stop with the PT12 subscription you no longer get it. I had it on my storage hdd, well I thought I did but misplaced it.

I took some time off for a couple of years dues to medical issues which I am still dealing with and will have to deal with for the rest of my natural life but figured I would keep myself busy. On my hackintosh I built I deleted OS X and installed my Windows 10 and started doing some scripting to try to exercise the part of the brain I lost whenever I retired back in 2012. You never lose it, you get rusty, but never lose the ability. So I was scripting for the Arma 3 community for one of their mods. Got tired of doing that and decided to come back to music.

Whenever you are in pain, its really hard to concentrate on just one thing and living on these stupid evil medications do not help.

In November of last year was the end of my one year PT12 subscription so I decided not to renew it, whenever you do that you lose 11.3.2. I don't know who the goons are at Avid that made this decision but it's the dumbest one yet.

Anyway, time to start buying plugins but I will not touch any of Avid's nor support their products by purchasing them any longer. There are plenty of alternatives that are just as better. Its not personal, just business, its the principle of how they do their business. They are cheap and greedy. I know businesses are out to make money but to force a consumer's hand like they did is very unprofessional and this is why many folks left Avid. They dug their own hole so they must now lay in it.