Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 08-20-2006, 06:51 AM

Default ilok - no way to register (email never arrives)

Anyone found a way around the problem where your confirmation email for your ilok.com account never arrives?

Before you ask, yes I've checked and rechecked my spam folder, and there's nothing there from ilok. I went to the site and tried to start a support request, and of course they make you login before you can do that, which I can't do because my account isn't confirmed yet. Genius. Absolute genius.

So I guess I can't actually use some of the plugins which came with my Mbox2, right? How do I get around this?

cheers,
Ian
Old 08-20-2006, 08:20 AM

Default Re: ilok - no way to register (email never arrives

All of the plug-ins that come with a Protools system, including the MBox2 are free and do not need iLok protection. If you bought the factory bundle version with the Joe Meek EQ and Compressors, Maxim, Cosmonaute Voice and the MoogerFooger Delay, you should have an iLok included with your system, on which the factory bundle plugs are preauthorized, All you should have to do is install the plu-ins, install the PACEAP drivers (which get installed by deafult with Protools), and when you load up Protools, it should ask you how you want to authorize your fatory bundle plug-ins.

Just because iLok doesn't have their [stuff] together doesn't mean YOU can't use your copy protected software. You only need the ilok.com account to synchronize your iLok and add new authorizations that you get via download.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools vanilla 2020.12
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Catalina / HD|Native-TB / Protools Ultimate 2020.12

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre / Clarett 4Pre / DVS
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 08-20-2006, 08:58 AM

Oh, ok. That makes more sense. Yeah I have a little blue key, so I'll plug the sucker in and see what happens. I know they want to stop piracy and all, but it seems like an amazingly complicated system if you ask me.

Thanks for your help, Justice.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Development Partner

Quote:
Oh, ok. That makes more sense. Yeah I have a little blue key, so I'll plug the sucker in and see what happens. I know they want to stop piracy and all, but it seems like an amazingly complicated system if you ask me.

Thanks for your help, Justice.
I'm sorry that you're having problems confirming your account. If you could please use the "Website feedback" link at the bottom of any iLok.com page and let us know the account ID and e-mail address, we can help you enable your account.

Best regards,
--
PACE Technical Support
Old 12-25-2013, 08:34 PM

I am experiencing the same issue, but there doesn't seem to be any "Website feedback" links at the bottom of the iLok.com site anymore. Any other advice?
Old 12-25-2013, 09:22 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nDUtyme View Post
I am experiencing the same issue, but there doesn't seem to be any "Website feedback" links at the bottom of the iLok.com site anymore. Any other advice?
I checked your Pro Tools Express registration, and your iLok account already exists. The license is listed as "active", meaning that you need to transfer it to your iLok.

You will need an iLok 2 (the rectangular one, not the older key-shaped one).

However, as you said, your iLok account email address does show as not yet confirmed, so you are not able to proceed.

I would start here in the Support section:
https://www.ilok.com/helpmyaccount.html

Email & Password changes > Updating your email address >

Quote:
I need to update my account information (email address, password, security question and answer).

You can update your account information on iLok.com on the "Account Profile" page. When you sign in, you can click on the "View Profile" link to edit your information. The User ID is the only thing you cannot change. The User ID is the account identifier on all records and cannot be changed.

Issue not resolved? Click "Continue" to start a support ticket.
Even though you do not want to change your email address, that would seem to me the way to contact them via a support ticket.

If there were anything I could do on my end, I would, but iLok support will need to take care of this.

In the meantime, if you have not already done so, make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version (v2.3.0) of the iLok License Manager for your system, which you will need to have.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:58 PM

Default Re: ilok - no way to register (email never arrives)

Avid needs to go back to they way Pro Tools 9 was plugin your ilok - install the software and your running. To the average user who does not use ILM it's very convoluted I think I did a post it's 25 steps to get pro tools to run. Mess up any one of the steps and the user becomes very frustrated!
2 steps is better. Pre- authorized iloks WTF happened?
Old 12-27-2013, 12:47 PM

Default Re: ilok - no way to register (email never arrives)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Avid needs to go back to they way Pro Tools 9 was plugin your ilok - install the software and your running. To the average user who does not use ILM it's very convoluted I think I did a post it's 25 steps to get pro tools to run. Mess up any one of the steps and the user becomes very frustrated!
2 steps is better. Pre- authorized iloks WTF happened?
Pre-authorized iLok isn't going to help anyone who already has an iLok - you'd still have to load the ILM software on the computer you want PT to run on. And really using an iLok isn't that hard. You setup an iLok account, you setup your Avid account and register PT giving Avid your iLok account name. Then you open the ILM and sync your iLok and you're good to go. At most you're looking at maybe 6 or 7 steps if that.

Take your time and then you don't become frustrated. If someone can't follow these simple steps then maybe they need to re-think their choice of daw and use Guitar Hero or Garage Band

QAPLA!