Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2022, 03:07 AM

Default DADman Patching

Hi DADman users,

Could someone explain this in DADman if an audio signal is patched from say AD INPUT to an Output destination (blue dot) within the software audio can be heard.

If I deselect a blue dot in DADman then reconnect the output again I hear or see no audio signal through that channel even after the blue Dot has been reengaged.

Regards
Old 08-10-2022, 12:37 PM
Avid

Default Re: DADman Patching

Greetings,

We could use a bit more detail from your scenario. How are you routing audio to the "software" - which is presumably Pro Tools - via DigiLink, Dante, etc?

Connect a patch point from Source/Input -> Destination/Output. If your engine is HD Native or HDX, your destination to route into Pro Tools would be DigiLink - starting with DigiLink 1, which is the first 32 channels when in Pri/Pri mode.

I would recommend being on DADman 5.6.3.x which you can get directly from your Avid account.

As always, verify metering and signal flow on each source and destination in the CON section of DADman. Let us know.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 08-11-2022, 01:52 AM

Hi Jeff,

''Within the DADman software'' not ProTools - via HD Native DigiLink 1,2 a metering signal flow is going from a source/input > Destination/Output the first 12 channels to 1 then 12 channels to 2 in Pri/Pri mode.

What I find after creating a DADman profile once its connected and I remove the signal/input flow by deselecting a (Blue Dot) if I try to reconnect the metering again (Blue Dot) my audio signal is no longer heard coming from that source input patch point.

Can a .dms profile be custom configured without importing an older configuration to build a new source and destination routing using the CON section of DADman. How could I make quick changes to create my own custom profiles for pre listening to the metering signal flow and monitor outputs using DADman 5.6.3.

Regards
Old 08-11-2022, 04:18 AM

Hi DADman users,

Just came across this online at https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...that-never-was

Also this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Mj...index=7&t=735s

Any further resources or advise on DADman patching would be helpful.

Regards
Old 08-11-2022, 04:58 AM
Avid

Can a .dms profile be custom configured without importing an older configuration to build a new source and destination routing using the CON section of DADman. How could I make quick changes to create my own custom profiles for pre listening to the metering signal flow and monitor outputs using DADman 5.6.3.

A few really import items:
.DMS files are all about AD, DA, Sync and Patch (CON) settings. They cannot currently be imported, but are bound to the unique serial number of the unit you added from your Device List. Yes, you can certainly load and save multiple .DMS files to simply make patch changes. These are not monitor profiles - they are settings for clocking, input and output levels, but most importantly the state of the cross point matrix - restoring all of the patches that intersect sources and destinations in the patch interface.

Next, profiles - monitor profiles use a .DMPROF extension and can now be imported or merged. Monitor profiles contain multiple (as many as 16) monitors composed of sources and outputs, which when restored, can override output resources which would have otherwise been available to patch in the CON matrix. You cannot use an analog or digital output both in the .DMS patch and also into monitor profile. If the monitor profile contains outpout sets which use specific resources - they will be indicated in the CON with little x’s.

As always, PM me if you want to discuss a more specific workflow.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ