Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2008, 07:30 AM

Default Sample rate problem please help!

I have recorded sessions for clients this weekend and everything sounded fine in ProTools, but when i send the bounces to media player to burn disk of rough mixes the play speed is too fast. I recorded these sessions with 8 tracks in digi002r and used light pipe mic pre for 8 additional inputs. Sessions are at 48khz and the lightpipe is also set at 48khz. The lightpipe is set as master. Had no problems with playback in protools, just after bouncing noticed the faster play speed. I tried rebouncing and setting sample rate to 44.1 in the bouncing options, but this did not work (media player won't play it). Is this a problem with headers, or do i need to import these files into a new 44.1 khz session. What whould be best and fastest solution. We have 11 songs roughly about 20 tracks each, and we are still overdubbing...
Any help is appreciated
Sixxxstring
Old 09-22-2008, 08:21 AM

Default Re: Sample rate problem please help!

Are you bouncing down to 16 bit 44.1 interleaved?
Old 09-22-2008, 12:41 PM

yes, I am bouncing to 16 bit steroe interleafed. I turned off my progain 8 light pipe preamp (clock source) while i bounced so i could convert from 48 khz to 44.1 khz during the bounce, then i had to change my clock source to 44.1 for media player to play back at correct speed. There must be an easier way...
Old 09-22-2008, 03:18 PM

sixxxstring,

I would get a copy of Rail Jon Rogut's Header Investigator and look at the header and make changes if you need to do so. This does sound like a header problem although your description of your recording/bouncing process doesn't sound like you should have this problem. Do you have the same problem in iTunes or another media player? The reason I ask is because I ran into something the other day with WMP that told me it couldn't read all of the file properties (file lenght in my case).

Greg
Old 09-22-2008, 04:22 PM

I would try making a session in 44.1, importing and converting the file into the new session and then bouncing to disk. then you can check if the problem is still in the media player.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:48 PM

Thanks for the advice i will post back after trying these suggestions, btw i have also had the same issue with file length in Windows Media Player. Guess i should try another player. Can you play a 24 bit file in any media player software?
Thanks for your help everyone!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:55 PM

Make sure you change your clock source back to internal before playing using other programs. Pro tools remembers your clock source sample rate after exiting the program.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:39 PM

iTunes and QuickTime will play 24bit 48K Hz files.

Greg
Old 09-23-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
iTunes and QuickTime will play 24bit 48K Hz files.
True but not through his Digi interface.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:08 AM

Quote:
btw i have also had the same issue with file length in Windows Media Player.
When you bounce or export your stereo mix, send it to a folder that you create on your desktop or wherever you want it. Do not bounce or export it directly to your desktop and then try to pull the mix over into the burn column in WMP. I don't know why but WMP gives the 'file length' problem every time I've tryed to pull from the desktop. This should solve the problem. Another thing I've found is if you get the 'file length' warning try playing the mix in WMP then go up to the 'burn' button in WMP and choose 'burn now playing'. Another thing that I've found is that you can play the mix in WMP and once you play the whole song WMP will allow you to burn it. You can grab the time line cursor and drag it to the end of the song and let it play out the end of the song so you don't have to wait the whole length of the song.

Just a few things I've found that may help you. I also am looking into other burn software. Not a fan of WMP.