How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2023, 08:08 AM

Default Help Bouncing Songs to MP3

Hey guys,

I need help bouncing some songs to MP3. Currently when I try, it’s producing no results, just nothing at all when I open the mp3.

I have a feeling it’s to do with the bussing, so I added a couple screen shots as an example of a bus setting. Everything should be going into bus 1-2 which is linked to main out 1-2.

I’d like to be able to bounce without having to change the bus for every track to be main out 1-2 bc that would be cumbersome.

I’m on PT 12.5.2 or a 2012 MacBook Pro. Audio interface is MOTU 828 MKIII as main, with the MOTU 8 Pre also connected.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2817.jpg (97.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2816.jpg (97.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-13-2023, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Help Bouncing Songs to MP3

In the bounce dialog box….is your “bounce source” set to the same i/o as your master track?
Old 12-15-2023, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
In the bounce dialog box….is your “bounce source” set to the same i/o as your master track?
Yes they are both set to Main Out 1-2
Old 12-15-2023, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGA View Post
Yes they are both set to Main Out 1-2
These pictures must not be showing the whole picture. None of your audio tracks are routed to Main 1-2.

What do you mean by this?
Quote:
I’d like to be able to bounce without having to change the bus for every track to be main out 1-2 bc that would be cumbersome.
In order to bounce a MIX all the tracks have to merge together at some end point.
Old 12-25-2023, 07:23 AM

Hey guys, thanks so much for the replies. I wasn’t able to get the bounce to work, so instead I created a new stereo audio track named MIX, set its input to my main mix out (bus 1-2), muted it, and recorded to it.

That created a ‘bounce’ as a stereo audio track which i then selected from my clips list, right clicked, and selected"Export As Audio File” to create my mp3.

I know it was more of a workaround versus actually figuring out why Bounce To Disk wasn’t working, however it did the trick and I actually prefer this method to the Bounce To Disk method.

Thanks again.
Old 12-25-2023, 12:12 PM

Quote:
=TGA;2688856]Hey guys,

I need help bouncing some songs to MP3. Currently when I try, it’s producing no results, just nothing at all when I open the mp3.

I have a feeling it’s to do with the bussing, so I added a couple screen shots as an example of a bus setting. Everything should be going into bus 1-2 which is linked to main out 1-2.

I’m on PT 12.5.2 or a 2012 MacBook Pro. Audio interface is MOTU 828 MKIII as main, with the MOTU 8 Pre also connected.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Agree it is most likely your routing and Your screen shots are not showing enough of your mixer to determine where there may be a problem

But first to clarify when you say " just nothing at all when I open the mp3."
Seems we can assume you are Bouncing to someplace you can navigate to
Are seeing the the MP3 icon clicking on and your iTunes/Music app is not opening and playing ? correct ? Not sure why you Bounce MP3 rather than WAV but that's a different discussion

Not you do not have to change every buss to the main outs
But Here is the thing -- All you busses should route to either
Track outputs that eventually route to the main outs
Aux Returns outputs that eventually route to the main outs
Or be Sends that input to track that eventually output to the mains

NOTE in the screen shot below I am using Routing Folder in place of Aux Return/Sub Buss on some tracks (same basic function)

So in the screen shot below NOTE starting from left

#1 The "A Ry Gtr" buss (= light blue arrows)routes the outputs of the A Ry L, and A Ry R, tracks to the input of the A Ry Gtr Routing Folder.

#2 The A Ry Gtr Routing Folder track outputs (via the 2 Mix buss = orange arrows ) to the input of the 2 Mix (Aux Input track) Note All the Folder tracks output to the 2 Mix track

#3 The M7 Aux Input Track outputs to the 2 Mix track

#4 the output of the 2 Mix track ( dark red arrow ) goes to the "Stereo Mon" Master Fader (main outs 1-2) So "Eventually " everything routes to the main outs 1-2 (Stereo Mon) via the the 2 Mix tracks output to the Stereo Mon (main outs 1-2)

Make sense ?

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 12-26-2023 at 01:08 PM.