Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 01-31-2015, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Just a reminder to everyone that blogs often get it wrong!

It's always good to check your sources.

I have a degree in Broadcast Journalism and a Journalism MOS from the U.S. Army.

It's always best to get TWO comments when trying to find the truth. Talking to one person could lead you with bad information. Or going to a company's web site might help sort a problem.

By getting confirmation, it is a safety check in case you misheard the one comment.

Readers should be cautious when reading a "non-professional" blog. Just because it is on the Internet doesn't mean it's true!
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
Then you didn't read the article before his corrections, which is when I read and responded to it.
I didn't realize he had made connections. What were the errors?
EFI flashed 580 GPU
3 card PCI-e expansion chassis.
Avid Artist Control
Apollo 8 Quad, Satellite Quad, Octo Card
Cranesong Avocet Monitor System.
WireWorld ProAudio Cables
Old 01-31-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexaudio View Post
I didn't realize he had made connections. What were the errors?
He claimed that purchasing a Pro Tools license means it will stop working after a year. He confused the expiration of the support plan with revocation of a perpetual license. His misinformation and the actual information are detailed in this very thread. His blog now contains a message about corrections being made - you didn't see it? It's right there at the end of the "article".
Old 01-31-2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park Seward View Post
It's always good to check your sources.

I have a degree in Broadcast Journalism and a Journalism MOS from the U.S. Army.

It's always best to get TWO comments when trying to find the truth. Talking to one person could lead you with bad information. Or going to a company's web site might help sort a problem.

By getting confirmation, it is a safety check in case you misheard the one comment.

Readers should be cautious when reading a "non-professional" blog. Just because it is on the Internet doesn't mean it's true!
First, I just read your sig...I'm an old radio guy...I remember throwing away Sta-Levels when the Audimax/Volumax units showed up!

But, turning to your major point, it's not just bloggers and other "non-pro" folks who are screwing things up in the news game, some of the "reporters" at once-great newspapers can barely write at an eighth-grade level, and often don't have the slightest clue what they're writing about!

I lived in Chicago for 20 years until moving to Pittsburgh six years ago, so I still read the Tribune and the Sun-Times on line a couple of times a week...the levels they have sunk to are absolutely ridiculous...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 02-01-2015, 11:21 AM

Hi Bill,

Yes, we had an old Sta-Level at the college radio station. Would be worth a lot today, especially if you liked thumps!

Yep, newspapers are fading out along with great journalists. We may end up with independent bloggers, not journalists. So take care with what you read.

The Wall Street Journal is an outstanding paper, well reported and written.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleeHD View Post
I can take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I will not tolerate attacks on what my intentions are, my integrity, etc.

I'm not sure who is who here, but whoever left a comment for me that I saw this morning when I woke up pointed things out in a gracious and non-threatening way. I quickly resolved the issue and thanked him. That's just people skills. If you come out being brash and offensive, you automatically turn people off.

When it comes down to it, it's honestly a personal blog I just created this past Friday and is not intended to be high level journalism but thoughts and musings.
That was me.

Wave-T.com