How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 07-06-2022, 11:20 AM

Default Re: A Happy Thank You for the 2022.6 MIDI fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmusic View Post
I replied to this in the other thread, but let me add to it here... I just experimented with quantizing then selecting MIDI notes, and I couldn't recreate your specific issue on my end, but I have a problem where I make a new midi clip (make a selection on the timeline, opt+shift+3), double click that midi clip to open the MIDI editor, double click to create a note, and then I can't select that note. I can use the trim tool to lengthen it or shorten it, but I can't drag that note to a different note, and I can't do any of the myriad other things I would do with a selected note. If I window over it, it'll replay the note, but not select it

I assume our problems are related since they both have to do with being unable to select a note... I'll try to make the quantize bug show up on my end, since it seems so similar

If the sample rounding bug really is fixed, THANK YOU, it's been a long time with a lot of frustration! That's been my number one bug for ages. I just wish fixing that bug didn't have to make this new one
This happened to me as well. I am also getting crashes when trying to extend the note with the smart tool. Going me an error and crashing.

Macbook Pro, 2019 (15,1) Mac OS 12.7.2 Monterey,32 Gigs Ram,2.3 GHz I9 8 Core ProTools Ultimate 2024.3, Apollo 8 Silver,TwinX.
Old 07-06-2022, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonatee View Post
If you are on current support plan, you can acces my avid and there is the My Support menu on the top, there you choose Access The Support Portal. Has anyone already reported this bug?
Does Avid actually have support now??? I'm used to the olden golden days when you had to pay to even contact them. I assumed complaining in the forum was the easiest way to get their attention
Universal Audio Apollo x16 (x3)
Old 07-06-2022, 01:58 PM
Avid

Yes, you can start logging a support case as described in this Knowledge Base article:
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...-Case-Creation

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 07-07-2022, 01:57 AM

Very Cool that MIDI is having a refresh.
I also would like to have MIDI velocity change the colors on the "squares" like all other DAWs do. Pro Tools is still using different shades of a single color. That is pretty useless.
Just go from purple for minimum velocities to red for maximum velocities like the rainbow.
Old 07-29-2022, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonatee View Post
Just re-created this bug. When you consolidate to create an empty region WHILE in slip mode, the notes entered into the clip cannot be selected/quantized/moved. BUT, if you do not consolidate to create a region and simply record the notes creating a new region, everything works as it should....
This is still the case in 2022.7
Old 08-05-2022, 07:44 AM

I tried to report these MIDI bugs to Avid last month when we were first experiencing them, but apparently it wasn't important enough to fix? This is kind of insane that this made it through to another new version

@creativecontrol do you know anything about this?
Universal Audio Apollo x16 (x3)
Old 08-05-2022, 08:29 AM

Insane or not, we are testing the monthly releases now - like it or not.
Did you report the case sucessfully, that is - do you have the case number and has it been passed to engineering team? I have reported VE PRO automation with delay compensation bug last week and it was quick and painless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmusic View Post
I tried to report these MIDI bugs to Avid last month when we were first experiencing them, but apparently it wasn't important enough to fix? This is kind of insane that this made it through to another new version