Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Old 08-02-2022, 05:34 PM

Default Re: More Carbon Sync Issues...Must Get Solved...

There's a workaround mentioned elsewhere (setting the AFL/PFL and Audition Path to ‘none’ in I/O setup) - have you tried this?
Old 08-03-2022, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeHoward View Post
There's a workaround mentioned elsewhere (setting the AFL/PFL and Audition Path to ‘none’ in I/O setup) - have you tried this?

Yes I’ve had it set like that basically since I’ve owned my Carbon. It’s not a 100% fix. I still have random latency issues…usually at a bad time in front of clients.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2022, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS AIKEN View Post
Totally agree with you. For the first time in my over 20 year career working with protools systems I feel like Ive been taken advantage of with this gear.

It’s not working as advertised (and despite what some folks here say) they’re not in a hurry to fix it.

It’s really not acceptable…I’d be beyond embarrassed treating my customers that way.
This is exactly what happened with HD Native and LLM about 10 years ago. They never got this solution working properly and it was plagued by all kinds of delay compensation and routing bugs during its entire life. It was actually only when Carbon was introduced that AVID realized they had to start solving some of these critical bugs because it affected their new product so much. But apparently they still have work to do.They could have largely avoided this if they had taken the many complaints around HD Native/ADC/LLM seriously at the time.
Old 09-04-2022, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovnD313 View Post
I can confirm that this issue actually has nothing to do with Carbon as it's the Hybrid Engine itself.
It happens here on Metric Halo 2882 with Native Engine w/Core Audio also. I just recorded a percussion track today, and as long as I stop recording, and playback the take without dis-engaging record ready, the track plays out of sync. As soon as the record ready red light is off, it syncs back.
Old 09-08-2022, 05:48 PM

Yeah, I ran into this yesterday. Play back after recording a bass player who has exceptional time, switching track from DSP to native, something didn’t sound right. Reopening session fixed it.
Old 09-13-2022, 10:03 AM

Have this issue on an HDX system running hybrid engine as well. What I found was accessing my buffer settings (don't even need to change them) fixed the glitch and audio would then sync properly. Annoying yes, do they need to fix it yes, ASAP? YES, but it's workable until then....
HD Native
HD Omni
HD 8x8x8
HD 16x16
S1 x3
Old 09-28-2022, 11:35 AM

This should be fixed in 2022.9. From the Release Notes:
Hybrid Engine
Fixed an issue that caused a track's audio output to be misaligned if it was record disabled and then taken out of DSP mode (PT-281075)

Old 09-29-2022, 09:14 AM

That’s great news if it’s fixed! I’ll try it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2022, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS AIKEN View Post
...I’ll try it soon...
Look forward to hearing your results. If you have any other cases of this please reply with a screenshot of your Mix window and steps to repro.

P.S. I've been watching this one myself since I use Carbon for my own stuff and this was driving me crazy! I confirmed it fixed the problem I was seeing on my system (Carbon on a 2019 iMac w/10.15.7) where I was multi-tracking guitars and thought I was just way out of practice.
Old 09-30-2022, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
This should be fixed in 2022.9. From the Release Notes:
Hybrid Engine
Fixed an issue that caused a track's audio output to be misaligned if it was record disabled and then taken out of DSP mode (PT-281075)

Out of interest, was the bug fixed in the 2022.9 firmware for Carbon or in the 2022.9 Pro Tools software?

The reason for me asking is that my Pro Tools Carbon subscription expired Sep 10, 2022 to a perpetual license and the latest Pro Tools version that I have access to is 2022.7.