Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2010, 11:06 PM

Default MIDI Delay; Please Helpp.

I produce most of my instrumentals with FruityLoops Studio 9 [XXL Producer Edition] and then I use ReWire with ProTools to actually record the track. I use a standard MIDI connection from my electronic keyboard [Yamaha PSR-175; a moderately out-dated model] directly to my MBox2, which is connected to my very new, souped-up computer via USB.
Now, whether I'm recording or not, there is a small, yet noticeable delay/lag (maybe a half-second) from when I hit the keys to when the computer actually plays the corresponding sound information. I would really appreciate getting rid of the delay so that MIDI play and recordings are much more precise in correspondence with my physical playing of the keyboard.

A possible solution I've been considering is FireWire. Will that really solve the delay problem?
Or could the delay problem be originating from the USB connection between the MBox and the computer?
Is it possible that my keyboard is just too old?

In response to my situation, all suggestions/solutions/advice/comments are appreciated. Thank you.

Peace&Love. __Mak$;
Old 06-15-2010, 03:45 AM

Default Re: MIDI Delay; Please Helpp.

What's your hardware buffer set at?? You should set it to it's lowest setting