How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2012, 08:46 PM

Default Eleven Rack not booting stuck at logo

Hello,

I have been using an eleven rack for the past few weeks. I hadn't used it for 3/4 days and turned it on this weekend and it won't boot up. It just sits at the 'Eleven Rack' logo with the moving dot across the bottom.

I have tried the hard reset instructions (REV+MOD+FX-LOOP & power on; then off and back on) and I have re-flashed the firmware (start 11R REV+FX-LOOP at boot then flash over USB) with v1.0.3.and v1.0.2, but it still won't book past the 'Eleven Rack' logo.

I've looked though the side of the case and there is one static red light (left hand side) and one flashing green light (middle back), I assume these are diagnostic lights, but I haven't seen any documentation that describes what they mean.

Has anyone else successfully got their eleven rack to reboot from this state or knows what the lights mean?
Old 02-09-2014, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack not booting stuck at logo

I just purchased a new 11rack from Sweetwater with the Ground Control Pro. Paid 1,000.00 for the bundle. It WILL NOT start up cold. What I mean is that my music room in my home stays below 70 degrees. 65ish. I brought it home from UPS and it was cold from being in their warehouse that morning. It stuck on that screen out of the box! I have to use a hair dryer to put a little temp on the 11rack or else it stays on this start up screen as you described. I dont think it should be doing this but since I have a two year warranty...I'm going to give it about a month before I send it back. I hope it stops this crap. It's not always warm at the shows I play!
Old 02-09-2014, 08:38 PM

Does anyone know if this is normal or should I go ahead and send it back? Its less than a week out of the box!
Old 02-09-2014, 09:18 PM

Any problem like this you should be returning it. Even if it magically gets better how do you know it won't come back? Call Sweetwater, they have great customer support.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:00 PM

Yeah, I agree.

Contact your Sweetwater rep and tell them your problem. You will more than likely be asked to ship it back to them.

The 11R should have no problems starting up in a cold room.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 02-11-2014, 02:10 AM

my unit is 2 years old approx and I had this for the first time yesterday
Its not used every day.....hoping it was just a one off.
Anyway its minded me to get a back up. Especially if it ever gets discontinued.
So in a perverse way...its helped.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:22 AM

Sorry I haven't replied to your answers. I contacted Sweetwater and of course they shipped me a new one and paid for return shipping go the defective unit. New one works great! Love my 11rack.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigswamp1 View Post
Sorry I haven't replied to your answers. I contacted Sweetwater and of course they shipped me a new one and paid for return shipping go the defective unit. New one works great! Love my 11rack.
Another good Sweetwater story. Now most other retailers should as easy to work with, and many are. But Sweetwater certainly seem to deserve their good customer support reputation.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:55 PM

My many year old 11R is stuck in boot mode and will not get past the Eleven logo on the screen. HELP

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 04-29-2014, 07:28 PM

I,m sure you have tried the hard and soft resets in this thread Barry
Here`s someone that tried a different tack (re-installing drivers)
------
..I got it working after a few hours of fiddling with it. Here's what I did just in case someone else has the bejesus scared out of them.
I noticed that when I plugged it into my computer it was recognized, so I went ahead and installed the stand alone audio drivers for the 11R. After that, I got the firmware updater. I had to use 1.02 because the 1.03 would not even open on my Win 7 32 bit system....no idea why...I tried everything, running it as admin and win xp sp3 compatibility mode....I would click on it and nothing....so I had to go with the 1.02 firmware updater. I ran it and now all is well. Not sure what the problem was and I hope it was just a random glitch.....keeping fingers crossed.
Digi really needs to work on their updater, I'm not sure that I will ever be able to install the 1.03 firmware....going to try a few different computers today and see what the issues are....seems kind of ridiculous that they can't even find a way to be compatible with Win7....??

good luck and let us know