Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2021, 11:42 AM

Default 2 big problems with MY AVID web page / MDWEQ5-AAX Installer 5.2.1r20 for Catalina

hi all

So problem #1)
MY AVID has old obsolete Catalina downloader link for MDW5 Mac AAX-DSP+Native

The final (and correct) version of the installer is: MDWEQ5-AAX Installer 5.2.1r20 for Catalina.dmg.zip

“My Avid” has an older (obsolete) version of the installer for people to download.
This should be corrected by Avid.

If anyone wants the proper installer they have to sent a support ticket to Massenburg*DesignWorks. (‘till AVID fixes this)

problem #2)
While AVID is fixing this - be aware that if you are on a Mac, with Chrome - if you click on MANY of the download links in My Avid - nothing happens (download does not start)

including Pro Compressor installer download, etc.

You have to hover over the link, and “copy” the URL to your clipboard, then paste it into a new web browser window to do the download.

Such a basic web design flaw…. and it has been this way for a LONG time.
Old 04-05-2021, 12:07 PM

Default Re: 2 big problems with MY AVID web page / MDWEQ5-AAX Installer 5.2.1r20 for Catalin

p.s. I would fill out a Support ticket via My Avid... but recently I tried to submit the (now fixed) Strip Silence bug ... and no matter what I did... i was unable to submit the Support ticket - i spent all the time to fill it all in, but a website bug kept preventing me from submitting the ticket.

tried twice, different browsers - no luck.

such basic website issues - come on AVID! Be better!
Old 04-06-2021, 04:23 PM

Default Re: 2 big problems with MY AVID web page / MDWEQ5-AAX Installer 5.2.1r20 for Catalin

Can any moderator (who is with AVID) please make Support tickets for these 2 issues?

or somehow pass along the 2 issues?

as I am unable to complete and submit a Support Ticket, due to MY AVID website issues (how ironic, eh?) - see above.