Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2006, 12:38 PM

Default are you a pc user who now uses PTLE on mac?

if so what interface do you u use? i have an mbox2, and i am having so much trouble trying to get it to launch, it keeps telling me my authorization is invalid!! im going literallty crazy, i have a power mac g5quad, and all i wanna do is use protools, ive emailed tech support and cs gave them ALL my registration information, literallt fowarded the emails that i got from them back to them, im really kinda getting jerked around here, everytime i get a response i can tell its someoe different, because they ALWAYS ask, so whats the problem again we need more info, im not trying to be mean to digi, but i just wanna use this computer, protools is the reason why i got this thing, and im starting to just give up on it, why does my authorization code work on my windows laptop?? but not my g5??

anyone here SUCCESFULLY switched from a pc to a mac and didnt have problems first launcghing it with their auth code??

thanks in advance...
Old 05-17-2006, 12:47 PM

Default Re: are you a pc user who now uses PTLE on mac?

Hi,

are you making sure all of the 0 's in your auth code are ZERO's?? (lets start simple)

Cheers,

-LIMiT
Old 05-17-2006, 12:53 PM

yes ive made sure of this, i even tried using the numeric keypad numbers thinkinh maybe that would work,
do you thnk i need to install my 6.8.1 that i recived with my mbox2? then do everything? cause i only have the windows disk, i moved to california from massachusetts back in january, i wouldnt think this would matter, my digi auth code was from an amnesty update because i purchased my mbox2, right around the time ptle7 came out so i got the free upgrade.

thanks for helping me with this.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:40 AM

If it is like my 6.4 authorization code for Mac, you should have 3 sets of 8 characters separated by 2 spaces like:

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

I was entering one too many spaces when I was trying to load mine.

Characters are case sensitive. All 0s are zeroes.

I e-mailed Tech Support the authorization code typed out the same way I was entering it and that's how I got straight on what I was doing wrong.

bilco
Old 05-19-2006, 08:44 AM

I use PT LE on both kinds of computers. I'm not sure if this notion's been overlooked or not, but I know in my handbook for my mbox 1, there's 2 sets of authorization codes. One for Windows, and one different one for Mac... I assume you've told Digidesign you're installing on a Mac. Maybe ask if they're even accidentally giving you a Windows authorization number instead?