Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 08-03-2021, 01:25 AM

Default is there any way to render dolby atmos within the same windows computer?

is there any way to render dolby atmos file within the same windows computer? the proper way and the work around if you may?

i already have pt ultimate without any hd cards, i run the system natively. I reckon that i can do rendering natively but limited to 32 channel i/o (please correct me if im wrong), i dont think the channel count is ideal.

so i'm looking for a cheaper alternative due to budget constraint, i am thinking of rednet5 (2 units) or 1 rednet 5, 1 red4pre, and focusrite r1 (i already have motu 828es which i can use for additional outputs) , used hdx card, focusrite pcie dante card. My aim is to get to the 64 channel ballpark, i will invest the remaining 64 channels in the future when the budget allows.

any insights are very much appreciated, cheers!