Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Sync X & SYNC HD

Old 07-07-2021, 11:53 PM

Default Feed External word Clock to SYNC HD

Hello All:

I need some help with a concept.
Is it possible and/or advisable to feed an external word clock to the Sync HD that is master, in a loop sync with an Omni and HD I/O; from a superior clock like Grimm CC1 or 2? If possible would cause more jitter?
Old 07-08-2021, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Feed External word Clock to SYNC HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstar57 View Post
Hello All:

I need some help with a concept.
Is it possible and/or advisable to feed an external word clock to the Sync HD that is master, in a loop sync with an Omni and HD I/O; from a superior clock like Grimm CC1 or 2? If possible would cause more jitter?
Chapter 5 of the Grimm manual explains configuration in more detail. I'm skeptical as to the benefit of an external clock (except to the extent it is useful workflow wise), but YMMV.
Old 07-10-2021, 05:41 AM

Default Re: Feed External word Clock to SYNC HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeHoward View Post
Chapter 5 of the Grimm manual explains configuration in more detail. I'm skeptical as to the benefit of an external clock (except to the extent it is useful workflow wise), but YMMV.
So I attempted to feed the Sync HD clock from the Neve MBC- while the Sync, omni and HD I/O are connected in loop sync- and the system bugged out. It lost lock, starting making feedback noise and, would not play. Did I perhaps do something wrong?