Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Sync X & SYNC HD

Old 01-18-2022, 07:23 AM

Default Sync X "auto wake-up" feature?

I just purchased a new Sync X and so far so good vis a vis operation. However...it seems very odd to me that when the unit is in "Use Screensaver" mode (which I do appreciate), it requires a manual button push on the unit to wake it back up. I will often do an hour of editing then take a break (15 minutes or longer) and come back for more editing. As it is this requires me to press a button on the Sync X front panel to get the display back to normal mode. I'm quite puzzled as to why the unit wouldn't be smart enough to turn back on when it sees activity in Pro Tools happening again- thus negating the need for multiple manual presses on the front panel throughout the day. I used a Sync HD for years and rarely touched it except for power on/power off. Is this type of functionality possible to be updated via firmware?
Old 01-18-2022, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Sync X "auto wake-up" feature?

Why do you need to see the display while working?
The whole point of the screensaver is to save the screen elements. If the screensaver flipped off every time pro tools is running then it would be pointless.

You manually press a button to see what is going on during troubleshooting or setup. And then ignore it once it is working. This isn't unusual: Dolby processors, QSC, and BSS all have screensavers that work the same way.
Old 01-18-2022, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Sync X "auto wake-up" feature?

Well due to years of working with the Sync HD unit I’ve gotten used to seeing the time code display rolling along on the hardware unit. I realize you can also have a window in Pro Tools do the same thing- but I’m just so used to glancing over at the Sync box to see timecode. Again- I love the idea of a screensaver in between blocks of editing time- I was simply inquiring as to whether at some point that feature might be able to be added. That is- have the screensaver engage after 15/30/60 minutes of no PT usage, then automatically wake up when the system is back to work. That way the functionality of the screensaver to not create any burn-in on the screen is still intact.