Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 01-26-2023, 10:41 AM
Avid

Default EUCON 2022.12.1 Released

Update: EUCON 22.12.1 released: This fixes a couple of bugs in EuControl 22.12.0 and one old bug that got worse with the faster M1/M2 Macs. It should make connections more reliable both for surfaces and the Control App. https://resources.avid.com/SupportFi...leaseNotes.pdf

Avid is pleased to announce the release of EUCON 2022.12. If you are currently on support download it from your Avid Account

See these links for more info:

EUCON-2022-12-Now-Available-Whats-New

Latest EUCON Updates – Avid Control Surfaces

Whats_New_in_S4_S6_v2022.12.pdf
Old 01-26-2023, 12:24 PM

Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

Thank you. Copy paste insert, long awaited and happy it’s here! Looks much more efficient like the system5 / Icon workflow then using soft keys. Also takeover is a great touch!
Old 01-26-2023, 02:11 PM

Links seem broken to me.

2019 Mac Pro, 2022 Mac Studio Ultra
Avid S6, HDX2, MTRX II, MTRX, DAD AX64, AX32, Focusrite Rednet PCIER, Trinnov MC8 Pro.
Studio: https://www.voltperoctave.com | Music: https://www.euclideancircuits.com
Latest Article: Auto-Bounce for Logic Pro

Affiliate Links:
Auto-Bounce by Tom Salta
Dreamhost Web Hosting
Old 01-26-2023, 02:23 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptheoctave View Post
Links seem broken to me.
They sure were...thanks. Fixed now
Old 01-26-2023, 05:31 PM

I’m not really getting the copy/paste mechanism but i suppose we will see it explained soon - there’s nothing default for that you have to customize a key first?
Old 01-26-2023, 05:44 PM

Default EUCON 2022.12 Released

For what it's worth, there was a problem when I installed this latest one on my M1 Max Mac Studio on Monterey 12.6.3. Probably because I'm using a Euphonix-branded MC Control and MC Mix. They both of course have the latest Avid firmware updates, but installing EUCON 2022.12 made all my soft keys that I had setup non-functional. The command was still there when I checked, but the keystrokes that were supposed to be sent weren't being sent.

Yes... I did go into Security & Privacy > Accessibility and I gave proper permission to EuControl.app and MC_Client.app. Made no difference. I rolled back via recent APFS snapshot to the state prior to installing 2022.12 and all is well again.

Another hint something was off was that after installing the newer software, the colors were off on my soft buttons. Purple looked blue... colors more muted. Anyway... this caused a problem for me. I'm interested to hear if any other Artist Mix or Control users experiences this. It might be that this only affects Control... since it's the features available in Control that were affected. My Mix unit seemed fine.

Last edited by James Steele; 01-26-2023 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-26-2023, 06:23 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
I’m not really getting the copy/paste mechanism but i suppose we will see it explained soon - there’s nothing default for that you have to customize a key first?
Are you running PT 22.12?
Old 01-26-2023, 06:23 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Steele View Post
For what it's worth, there was a problem when I installed this latest one on my M1 Max Mac Studio on Monterey 12.6.3. Probably because I'm using a Euphonix-branded MC Control and MC Mix. They both of course have the latest Avid firmware updates, but installing EUCON 2022.12 made all my soft keys that I had setup non-functional. The command was still there when I checked, but the keystrokes that were supposed to be sent weren't being sent.

Yes... I did go into Security & Privacy > Accessibility and I gave proper permission to EuControl.app and MC_Client.app. Made no difference. I rolled back via recent APFS snapshot to the state prior to installing 2022.12 and all is well again.

Another hint something was off was that after installing the newer software, the colors were off on my soft buttons. Purple looked blue... colors more muted. Anyway... this caused a problem for me. I'm interested to hear if any other Artist Mix or Control users experiences this. It might be that this only affects Control... since it's the features available in Control that were affected. My Mix unit seemed fine.
Its not just enough to check if they are in accessibility or not. You have to remove them and reboot and then add them back. Old Artist Series should work just as well as newer Artist Series and has they always have.
Old 01-26-2023, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Its not just enough to check if they are in accessibility or not. You have to remove them and reboot and then add them back. Old Artist Series should work just as well as newer Artist Series and has they always have.
Ahhh... okay... fair enough. All the installer notified me to do was simply make sure that those were enabled. I didn't see any sort of instructions about having to remove them, reboot, then add them back. I'll give that a try. Thanks!
Old 01-26-2023, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Old Artist Series should work just as well as newer Artist Series and has they always have.
Thanks again for the help, Eddie. I did like you said and I was able to get my soft keys working again, however, I ended up rolling back anyway because, at least on my MC Control, the new Eucon software causes a problem with the colors of the soft keys. It makes them all darker and adds a blue tinge to all the buttons. The colors on the MC Control screen don't reflect the color that I chose in EuControl Settings. I tried "re-selecting" a color, but even if I drag the brightness all the way up, what is on the MC Control screen will not get any brighter and the color remains bluish and dark/muted.

See the attached graphic. I had to use my iPhone camera so excuse the quality.

The top row are the colors as shown in the EuControl Settings on my computer screen...

The middle row is how buttons appear on the MC Control screen with the older Eucon 2022.9 software. Not a great pic, but the colors are bright and pretty close to what I chose in EuControl settings.

The bottom row is how buttons appear on MC Control screen with latest Eucon 2022.12 software. The colors are all muted and tinted bluish. I tried trying to reset the colors and get it to appear as they should in EuControl settings, but I cannot get a bright yellow, or bright red.

(The "Clear Meters" buttons are different colors in the first two rows because I was mid-experiment on that button when I took the pic. Normally it's red. The middle pic was taken AFTER I rolled back to 2022.9.)

Since 2022.9 was working okay for me I rolled back as I just can't get adequate color brightness/differentiation in 2022.12.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg metercomparison.jpg (56.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by James Steele; 01-26-2023 at 08:41 PM.