Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2019, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Error Message at PT startup

No reply necessary - Problem Solved. Thanks !!
Old 02-27-2019, 04:47 AM

Default Re: Error Message at PT startup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightbelt View Post
No reply necessary - Problem Solved. Thanks !!
For the sake of the community and someone else who might be in the same boat - how did you fix it?

QAPLA!
Old 12-16-2019, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Could not create a new document because Assertion in "/Volumes/Dev..." line 1813

Hi. For me this was resolved when treated as a system clock type issue by going into Mac’s utility application; Audio MIDI Setup, then under Pro Tools Aggregate I/O ticking my Fireface 800 for the Audio Device to use (or if I was using my Macs audio instead of my convertors then of course ticking the Use Built in option). And also selecting 44.1 from the drop down for sample rate.

For some context, I first got this error after introducing a reasonably ancient midi controller to my system (m-audio ozone. Successfully might I add hoorar!). Then trying to launch PT’s but this time without my convertors turned on (RME FF800), so just with my iMac’s inbuilt audio. Sometimes I like to open PT’s to listen to something thru the computer speakers etc. The Ozone was also off. I think it's some kind of clock source issue. After getting the error I hit ok, tried to open a recent session (instead of creating one), then got an error saying something about unable to play 44.1KHz. I got both the …assertion..line 1813 error and the sample rate error to go away by fixing what was selected in Audio MIDI setup.
Old 01-15-2023, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Could not create a new document because Assertion in "/Volumes/Dev..." line 1813

I didn't read through this whole thread, so pardon me if this has already been stated.
For me, I got this message due to my interface being powered off. For years I have used M-Audio interfaces that just came on when plugged in or at least stayed on. Now I am using a MOTU interface which will go into sleep mode, which I actually really like but I forget I need to turn it on before launching PT since it is my default interface.
Old 01-15-2023, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale-c View Post
I didn't read through this whole thread, so pardon me if this has already been stated.
For me, I got this message due to my interface being powered off. For years I have used M-Audio interfaces that just came on when plugged in or at least stayed on. Now I am using a MOTU interface which will go into sleep mode, which I actually really like but I forget I need to turn it on before launching PT since it is my default interface.
Sleep mode is NEVER good for anything audio related. Are you on Windoze or Mac? If the former turn off ALL power savings measures in Windows Control Panel. If on a Mac turn of 'let the computer sleep'.

QAPLA!