Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 12-17-2009, 02:27 PM

Default How to setup a 5.1 Pro Tools session?

I am pretty much a beginner when it comes to Pro Tools but I've been thrown in straight at the deep end and tomorrow I have to go into a studio a create a 5.1 mix with some audio files I already have...

I basically need help in setting up a 5.1 mix in Pro Tools and how I go about doing this after I've opened up a new session. I'm not too sure how I import the audio files into Pro Tools either... I am using Pro Tools 7 TDM. Also, when I am bouncing down a 5.1 mix what is the best way to to this?

I'm sorry to ask such a 'noob' question here but I have searched the internet but with no luck. I even have the Quickstart Guide to Pro Tools but that doesn't explain what I need to do to setup a 5.1 surround sound mix...

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Old 12-17-2009, 03:01 PM

Default Re: How to setup a 5.1 Pro Tools session?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExLibra View Post
I
I'm sorry to ask such a 'noob' question here but I have searched the internet but with no luck. I even have the Quickstart Guide to Pro Tools but that doesn't explain what I need to do to setup a 5.1 surround sound mix...

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Sorry, but if you are at the level where you don't know how to import files, this is not the forum you need. First you need to open the file with the real manual and start looking in the index using key words you've just typed.

Then you need to either buy or find tutorials if you can't figure it out with the manual.

I don't mean to be a curmudgeon, but this forum is not "Intro to ProTools".

If you have a studio date tomorrow you are in trouble. Your best bet is to hit that index and apply everything you find. If you can, either hire a sub who can do the session or see if you can put it off.
www.tnfilmlocations.com
Old 12-18-2009, 02:53 AM

Default Re: How to setup a 5.1 Pro Tools session?

Okay sorry