Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-01-2011, 04:54 PM

Default Pro Tools won't recognize my Apogee interface

Hi there,

I finally managed to get my new PC working and got to finish my setup today by installing an X-HD card into my Rosetta 800. Unfortunately my HD Core card doesn't want to accept it as its interface as I get the error message "Unable to find audio interface attached to the first HD card" after starting it up. The funny thing is that it does see a 96/192 interface in DigiTest. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Regards, JK
Old 06-02-2011, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools won't recognize my Apogee interface

check to see if the firmware on the rosetta is up to date.

i've found apogee to be very good for support.(and avid doesn't like to give support 3rd party interfaces) I'd call or email apogee, they should get back to you right away.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubtful guest View Post
check to see if the firmware on the rosetta is up to date.

i've found apogee to be very good for support.(and avid doesn't like to give support 3rd party interfaces) I'd call or email apogee, they should get back to you right away.
Thanks for your reply! I tried to update the firmware and I think everything worked fine (except that it didn't switch from the red to the green LED after completion), but I don't know of a way to check this. Do you? I will try to contact Apogee or an Apogee partner as well.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:18 AM

OK, so it seems that there's no support for X-HD cards in Pro Tools 9 anymore as I connected a 96 I/O which works just fine. Would be great if Avid could reply and explain if this is an error or by design! Thanks in advance!
Old 06-11-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JK- View Post
OK, so it seems that there's no support for X-HD cards in Pro Tools 9 anymore as I connected a 96 I/O which works just fine. Would be great if Avid could reply and explain if this is an error or by design! Thanks in advance!
I had strange problems when I initially installed 9. I wrote the following to Apogee (quick replies, very helpful).

"Only been up and working on v9 for a few weeks, moved from v7.4 (ppc).

Yesterday installed 9.02 over 9.01. Restarted both rigs and kept working. Today I open a session on the Magma/PCIx/Apogee rig, and it won't recognize the hardware. Trashed prefs, repaired permissions, no joy.

I keep a g5 2.3dp ppc rig intact for recalling, and PT booted fine in 7.4 with the hardware configuration (I bought an extra Magma PCIe card, so I could just move a cable and iLok between rigs to recall). Swapped the PCIe cards between machines, still no joy, so it was obviously the software. Looks like I have the latest version of the X-HD (Apogee card) firmware 2.07. Reinstalled PT 9 and the 9.02 upgrade and I'm back in shape. Or so I thought. Restarted one more time, and I'm back to no hardware. Reinstalled v9.0 and still have the same problem."

After this i did a hardware reset (sample button on power up). I believe I have the latest firmware. But it does not say 192 Digital i/o in Pro Tools. Should I just reinstall the firmware?"

Then after Apgoee suggested I replace the digilink cable I wrote this;

"I did actually have another digi cable and swapped it out. Strangely enough, since I had that day of errors; reinstalling PT numerous times, the rig has completely behaved.

Considering I could boot up 7.4.2 on a g5 without problem, for me anyway, dismissed the hardware problem. But I did my due diligence."

I haven't had any problems since. I don't know what fixed it, or what the issue was. But persevere, it does eventually work.

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12.1.138 | Mac Studio M1 Max (64 GB) | Ventura 13.6.3 | Clarett+ 2Pre

Pro Tools HD 9.0.6 | HD6 PCIx | Mac Pro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore (32 GB) | Lion 10.7.5 | Magma PE6R4-I | 192 i/o |

Pro Tools HD 9.0.6 | HD3 PCIe | MacPro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore (32 GB) | Lion 10.7.5 | Apogee Rosetta 200 | C|24

Old 06-11-2011, 11:20 AM

Sorry, I didn't really get this: do you say that your Rosetta works with Pro Tools 9 after you connected it to a system with Pro Tools 7.4?
Old 06-11-2011, 03:22 PM

Exclamation Re: Pro Tools won't recognize my Apogee interface

Quote:
OK, so it seems that there's no support for X-HD cards in Pro Tools 9 anymore as I connected a 96 I/O which works just fine.
We have a Rosetta 800 with an X-HD card and it works with v9.0.2. We have had a few issues with Pro Tools not recognizing it on occasion. We think we have this narrowed down to setting our SYNC HD to Video Ref before launching Pro Tools. If we don't manually set the SYNC HD, Pro Tools does not recognize the Rosetta as being connected.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Technician View Post
We have a Rosetta 800 with an X-HD card and it works with v9.0.2. We have had a few issues with Pro Tools not recognizing it on occasion. We think we have this narrowed down to setting our SYNC HD to Video Ref before launching Pro Tools. If we don't manually set the SYNC HD, Pro Tools does not recognize the Rosetta as being connected.
Thanks for your reply, that sounds interesting. The thing is: I don't have any other device than my HD Core Card. I already sent Apogee a message about this issue, let's see what they say.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
finally managed to get my new PC working
You may want to post this in the PC forum instead...just a thought.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakco View Post
You may want to post this in the PC forum instead...just a thought.
I thought about it, but then again I'm running Mac OS, so I left it here. ;-)