Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 12-22-2023, 11:51 PM

Default Re: New "Mac Studio" from Apple

Thanks Will - that’s great. Lots of feedback here already and it is evidently possible to get a silent Mac Studio.

I came across someone online who gave up after returning his fifth unit so, as there might be other factors at play, I just wanted to leave a note for anyone else who finds they cannot get a silent unit, as the process can be quite frustrating (in my case compunded by apparent Apple and UPs errors).

Other factor(s) would also make sense in the context that we’re in the second (M2) generation already. Whilst Apple have had their fair share of ‘antenna-gate’, etc. type problems in the past, I would assume that they would have fixed a design issue by now based on support cases and returns.

Admittedly, their designs should cater for the end-user’s environment too but those circumstances would be harder for them to isolate/test, I guess.