How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2022, 10:21 AM

Default Perpetual Update Question

Hi everyone,
I have purchased Protools Studio perpetual license for educational pricing. My update support has ended 6 months ago. Then i decided to renew my plan, on avid website's Account>view my account>pro tools studio tab i've renew my plan with clicking "Upgrade or move to a subscription".

But my subscribtion appears in a seperate section. At the bottom, my old perpetual license appears and there it says "your software update + support plan has expired". At the top, my new annual subscription plan appears.
is this normal? and i will still be able to benefit from the latest version when my update plan is over?

This is urgent issue for me, if i can't able to benefit from the latest version, i'll cancel plan to get my money back. Thank you in advance.

NOTE: By the way, in addition, the two licenses (update plan and perpetual) are on the same ilok id and avid account. When i login my ilok license manager, both plan appears to be seperate.
Old 06-14-2022, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Perpetual Update Question

Welcome to the community.

Perpetual and Subscription are different license types/products (see the Licensing FAQ for more info). It sounds like you started a new Subscription so have a second product. I'll look for your account and follow up via support case (email) to try and help.
Old 06-14-2022, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Perpetual Update Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Welcome to the community.

Perpetual and Subscription are different license types/products (see the Licensing FAQ for more info). It sounds like you started a new Subscription so have a second product. I'll look for your account and follow up via support case (email) to try and help.
I'm really appreciated. Is there anything I should do for now? I don't want my payment to go to waste