Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-20-2003, 04:19 PM

Default Digi Customer Service

Last Sunday a bad output was discovered on one of my 192 I/O interfaces. The interface was shipped via FedEx 2nd day delivery to Digi on Monday afternoon for repair; returned today, Thursday, with the problem fixed. The turnaround was so fast that I thought there had been a screw up by Federal Express. Well done Digi! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mark Green
Old 03-20-2003, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Digi Customer Service

Mark, one thing I've learned at Sweetwater is that Digidesign is #1 when it comes to supporting and taking care of their clients. I once had a client that took delivery of his new ProToolsMIX3 system with a Control24 about 5pm or so on a Thursday night.... the Control24 had a problem that somehow we missed in our installation, setup, and testing. Digidesign sent him a brand new one OVERNIGHT at their expense late in the day! We were both blown away. I would have sent him the replacment myself, but we were out of stock.... They are one of the few companies that really "get it".
Old 03-20-2003, 06:42 PM

I can second what Brad says. I was with Audio One here in Nashville for several years, until very recently actually, and I have seen them take care of so many things for clients. That's why it always surprises me when I see people who are so upset about Digi's customer support. If it's under warranty, you can count on Digi to get it taken care of. If it's not in warranty, they will always do their best to get you taken care of too.

Nice job boys!!
Old 03-20-2003, 06:52 PM

I agree.

Digidesign has always sent replacements to me FedEx Overnight/Morning Delivery. Many times, the package arrives before I come in the next day! Thanks Digi!
Old 03-21-2003, 02:26 AM

Even though I live in Denmark (!) it's faster for me, to order stuff in the the DIGI-STORE and have it DHL'lled, than ordering it here in Denmark....!

Once again....Digi rules!
Old 03-21-2003, 03:18 AM

DIGI supply the pro-audio people with excellent products and premium service -No doubt about that. The problem is that a lot of dealers, with little or no knowledge, are selling DIGI products. Instead of focusing on sales-figures, DIGI should put some more work into a qualification program towards those dealers who simply don´t know a d... thing about Pro Tools!!!
Poor dealers = unhappy users. Good dealers = extremely happy users. It is as simple as that.

DIGI rules ideed!

Regards,

Marius

-------------------------
Hej Peterjk, hvis du savner en bedre leverandør, skulle du måske give mig et kald på 20 999 776/48 80 25 81.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:14 AM

The problem that I see is that too few customers are willing to pay the kind of markup that a truly *good* (meaning knowledgeable) salesperson requires to make a decent living.

Ultimately what ends up happening is that you get low paid, unqualified and technically unsavvy sales people who, even if Digi wanted to, probably would have difficult time bringing up to speed because of the amount of basic knowldege that would be needed.

From what I've experienced, the dealers that they do have (at least for higher end products) have been generally very knowledgeable. Certainly moreso than most....