Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2023, 05:19 AM

Default Re: AAE 9073 error - sound cutting out and freezing on multitrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahughes3 View Post
Then I emptied the windows trash, restarted and tried the files again and I'm still getting the AAE 9073 error.

So now I'm not sure what to try other than a reinstall of windows and pro tools?
Sounds like you tried the same session?
Before anything else, try making a new, empty session and import some audio. Then later you could try to import tracks from the problem session, a few at a time, and see how it goes.
Old 02-09-2023, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
Sounds like you tried the same session?
Before anything else, try making a new, empty session and import some audio. Then later you could try to import tracks from the problem session, a few at a time, and see how it goes.
Just doing this now. Brand new blank session with just mono track and stereo mixbus. I've imported the same piece of clean audio that I was getting the error with and it's just run through with no errors.

So would you now suggest reinstalling the Pro Tools plugins first and trying with those?

Thanks
Andy
Old 02-09-2023, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Just doing this now. Brand new blank session with just mono track and stereo mixbus. I've imported the same piece of clean audio that I was getting the error with and it's just run through with no errors.
So would you now suggest reinstalling the Pro Tools plugins first and trying with those?
I would create another new blank session first, then import tracks from the problem session, a few at a time to see if you get errors again. If no errors, then you can start putting back plugins to the plugin folder, a few at a time. And with quit/relaunch between testing.

(I think you'll find that the standard PT plugins are back in that folder. This is PT - if it finds standard plugins missing at lauch, it will simply restore them. It's how it works. At least on mac.)
Old 02-09-2023, 11:30 AM

Quote:
I would create another new blank session first, then import tracks from the problem session, a few at a time to see if you get errors again. If no errors, then you can start putting back plugins to the plugin folder, a few at a time. And with quit/relaunch between testing.

(I think you'll find that the standard PT plugins are back in that folder. This is PT - if it finds standard plugins missing at lauch, it will simply restore them. It's how it works. At least on mac.)
Good advice, but this is on Windows so the Pro Tools core plugins are not automagically restored when you start up Pro Tools.

So for completeness:

You can either manually return the core plugins (meaning any third party plugins that were installed don't move back, certainly not without testing). (there is always a potential trap in this of you don't know some plugin somehow was overwritten with an old version etc. and going though an manually checking plugin version is a PITA)

Or rerun the full Pro Tools installer and it will do it.

Or you can run just the plugin installer,... if you unzip the installer bundle the plugins installer is at INSTALLER_ROOT\Pro Tools\ISSetup Prerequisites\Avid Effect\Avid Effects Setup.exe.

(And by default that is a hidden file on Windows so turn on show hidden files to see it in Explorer).

^^ I like the last way, and few folks seem to know about it.
Old 02-09-2023, 03:41 PM

Can someone do me a favour and try the file below for me please.

It's the same song, just a different take. The file is called;

vocal_016 (13), Edit (1).wav

So I played a clean track with audio "vocal_main", this worked fine. I added in another track with the original offending audio clip (the one I've linked to below) and in my completely clean session, with no plugins and preferences trashed, it threw the error. So then I tried a clean track with just the offending clip and it worked fine. Then I tried adding the clean "vocal_main" clip back into the session along with the offending clip and it all worked fine. So, one minute it seemed to break, next minute it worked.

If you can try it, I'm hoping it breaks for you otherwise I can't explain why I'm still getting the error.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9pocexz35...81%29.wav?dl=0

Last edited by ahughes3; 02-09-2023 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-09-2023, 03:59 PM

Quote:
If you can try it, I'm hoping it breaks for you…
Great! I'm sure there'll be a rush!
Old 02-09-2023, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Can someone do me a favour and try the file below for me please.

It's the same song, just a different take. The file is called;

vocal_016 (13), Edit (1).wav

So I played a clean track with audio "vocal_main", this worked fine. I added in another track with the original offending audio clip (the one I've linked to below) and in my completely clean session, with no plugins and preferences trashed, it threw the error. So then I tried a clean track with just the offending clip and it worked fine. Then I tried adding the clean "vocal_main" clip back into the session along with the offending clip and it all worked fine. So, one minute it seemed to break, next minute it worked.

If you can try it, I'm hoping it breaks for you otherwise I can't explain why I'm still getting the error.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9pocexz35...81%29.wav?dl=0
There's nothing wrong with that wav file either.

Tried 4 copies at overlapping points in the timeline. No problem. Give it up. It's not the audio file.

Dominic
Old 02-09-2023, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Great! I'm sure there'll be a rush!
Just realised that might not have been the best way to phrase it lol. I don't want it to break for anyone else really, I just want it to not just be me that keeps getting the problem......wait that didn't sound any better.

Dominic said it's worked for him anyways. I think I'm going to uninstall pro tools and reinstall it fresh and just try it all again on a fresh install.

Old 02-12-2023, 01:21 AM

You stated working with Bios or Registry scares you. Know this, When working with the Registry on a Windows PC you should export a copy of the Registry (from drop down menu) before you proceed. Then if you make a mistake or do not like what you have done you can import the Registry file you saved. (I generally name it Regbak or whatever)
Pro Tools Studio 2022.12
Old 02-15-2023, 04:17 AM

Hi all,

Just thought I'd post an update. After attempting multiple tactics to resolve my AAE 9073 issue, I decided yesterday to rebuild the pc.

So I wiped the entire pc and re-installed a clean windows. I then checked all my drivers, re-installed my ASIO driver.

Then I reinstalled Pro Tools completely clean and tried to listen to a track with no plugins, just audio and within 40 seconds I get the AAE 9073 error again. It's now happening every time consistently.

Any new suggestions? Or should I now be considering ditching Pro Tools and trying something else?

Really frustrated and disappointed to be fair.