Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 12-13-2022, 11:43 AM

Default Pigments 4.0 is out

Arturia has released pigments 4.0 and for those that own a previous version open Arturia Support Center (ASC) and check for updates. YOu should see that there's two updates - one for Analog Lab and the other for Pigments which gets you the new version. Here's a YouTube video on somew of the new stuff in P4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxs2JzJOio

QAPLA!
Old 12-13-2022, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Pigments 4.0 is out

Nice!

I like playing with this synth. Dreamy sounds...
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 12-19-2022, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Arturia has released pigments 4.0 and for those that own a previous version open Arturia Support Center (ASC) and check for updates. YOu should see that there's two updates - one for Analog Lab and the other for Pigments which gets you the new version. Here's a YouTube video on somew of the new stuff in P4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxs2JzJOio

How have I never heard of this VI? Looks like it can be loads of fun for a sound tweaker like me. And then I saw this, which makes it even more attractive to me. All for $99. Not bad. I may have to buy myself an early Christmas present!

Old 12-19-2022, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
How have I never heard of this VI? Looks like it can be loads of fun for a sound tweaker like me. And then I saw this, which makes it even more attractive to me. All for $99. Not bad. I may have to buy myself an early Christmas present!
You've never heard of Arturia Pigments?

Seriously - it's been around for quite a while. I guess you don't use Arturia synths. I think it's the only one NOT in their V Collection. I know they don't promote it that much on their website and it's sort of the Rodney Dangerfield of synths. One thing that's different from other synths is there's no third party support (that I know of) for it like there is for UVI Falcon. That alone limits it's visibility.

Like I said it's not a part of their V Collection so don't wait to see if you can get it as part of that. For some reason Arturia seems reluctant to put it there but on the other hand us previous users get free updates (yes even whole number updates). THAT was a huge surprise for many.

Welcome to the club my synth friend.

QAPLA!
Old 12-19-2022, 01:07 PM

Quote:
You've never heard of Arturia Pigments?

Seriously - it's been around for quite a while. I guess you don't use Arturia synths. I think it's the only one NOT in their V Collection. I know they don't promote it that much on their website and it's sort of the Rodney Dangerfield of synths. One thing that's different from other synths is there's no third party support (that I know of) for it like there is for UVI Falcon. That alone limits it's visibility.

Like I said it's not a part of their V Collection so don't wait to see if you can get it as part of that. For some reason Arturia seems reluctant to put it there but on the other hand us previous users get free updates (yes even whole number updates). THAT was a huge surprise for many.

Welcome to the club my synth friend.

No, I have no Arturia VI's. I have so many that I have to exclude some. I know they're all good. I've got like 60 Vi's of one sort or another now! Many were super cheap or free. But I have several of the big ones too, like Omnisphere, Falcon, and Reason.

Old 12-20-2022, 10:50 AM

Been upgrading my VI library lately, Arturia V 9 was the start and after registering it they offered me Pigments for $49. I couldn’t help myself especially since I got V 9 for half off.

I’ve got enough VIs that my 1Tb NVMe sample drive is full now and that means a new 4Tb NVMe stuck in a PCIe slot is on the Horizon. The East/West Composer Cloud is on the list for early next year and that’s a Tb in itself. This stuff is like drugs.
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6
Old 12-20-2022, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarnutz View Post
Been upgrading my VI library lately, Arturia V 9 was the start and after registering it they offered me Pigments for $49. I couldn’t help myself especially since I got V 9 for half off.

I’ve got enough VIs that my 1Tb NVMe sample drive is full now and that means a new 4Tb NVMe stuck in a PCIe slot is on the Horizon. The East/West Composer Cloud is on the list for early next year and that’s a Tb in itself. This stuff is like drugs.
You ain't kidding!
EW Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition is a shade under 1 TB. Hate to think what the download time would be even on high speed internet. It's the sampler vi's that eat up drive space. Thankfully the Arturia stuff doesn't have that much (if any) sample content. For me it's not so much drive space as the ability of my operating system to handle the new stuff.

QAPLA!
Old 12-24-2022, 12:11 AM

Quote:
You ain't kidding!
EW Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition is a shade under 1 TB. Hate to think what the download time would be even on high speed internet. It's the sampler vi's that eat up drive space. Thankfully the Arturia stuff doesn't have that much (if any) sample content. For me it's not so much drive space as the ability of my operating system to handle the new stuff.

Tell me about it! I absolutely must build a new system. I was ready to do that a few months ago, but some other household improvements took precedence. But, in the first quarter of 2023 a whole new computer is in the works! Also, my Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 interface finally died the other day, so my new 18i8 is on the way!

Old 01-06-2023, 12:20 AM

Pigments is awesome, and the have so many updates recently, for me this sound even better than a serum