How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 04-22-2017, 04:11 PM

Default Boom Question - Patterns Behaving Badly

Hi Guys

I just tried Boom today and I like it.

No problems with making the patterns, having it play in time with my session, etc.

I like and find convenient the option for chaining patterns together available in the Midi Editor window...where you take the little finger icon and click/place the particular pattern you want on a particular beat in the song.

Overall it seems to working but its glitchy...sometimes it doesn't recognize the pattern I've placed in a beat and repeats the previous pattern. Sometimes it loop repeats the last pattern, even though I've set it for just one measure.

Sometimes it corrects itself...sometimes it doesn't.

When I'm in Boom, playing the patterns by manually clicking, it sounds just as I want it to.

Right now in Midi Editor I have pattern 11, to be followed by pattern 15. But it doesn't play it right. It ads a downbeat at the top of pattern 15 that I didn't program, weird stuff.

Any thoughts? I'm figuring there's a lag or some glitch happening?

I'm running Protools MPowered 9

Thanks! Chris
Old 04-23-2017, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Boom Question - Patterns Behaving Badly

In case anyone else runs into similar problems, I was able to find a fix. The midi regions brought into the midi editor needed finessing. I had to set the bar in the midi editor from 1 bar to 1/8 a beat and adjust the ends and beginnings of the regions with the region adjuster tool, the thing that looks like ].
Old 04-29-2017, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Boom Question - Patterns Behaving Badly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondoaction View Post
In case anyone else runs into similar problems, I was able to find a fix. The midi regions brought into the midi editor needed finessing. I had to set the bar in the midi editor from 1 bar to 1/8 a beat and adjust the ends and beginnings of the regions with the region adjuster tool, the thing that looks like ].
Yes if you are you talking about if there is any overlap between the end of one pattern and the start of another in the midi editor notes then it may play part or all of one run of the first pattern . ?

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...