Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 11:50 AM

Default PT7-sticky mouse...USB issue?

I am experiencing the following intermittent problem: since upgrading to PT7 the mouse is "sticky". In other words, clicking a spot on the tablet, then lifting the pen and clicking another spot with result in a dragged object or a selection made... PT seems to disregard the "release" part of the click. Once the problem occurs, it will then occur with ALL pointing devices including trackpad and Wacom tablet pen. I am suspecting a USB-management problem. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Config: PowerBook G4 12", w/ 1GHz, 768 MB SDRAM, System 10.4.3.
Pro Tools LE 7.0 with Sony plug-ins.
iLok with latest driver
Wacom Graphire 2 tablet with latest drivers and Apple original mouse.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:10 AM

Default Re: PT7-sticky mouse...USB issue?

Hey, I don't know but I would like to know how the Wacom has worked with PTLE before 7?

I've been considering this for a while, seems like a great way to get around the screen.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:40 AM

I'm getting a similar problem with PT 7 whereby if i click on the timeline to play the track from that point and pull the mouse away too quickly it drags the bar and makes a selection.

Extremely annoying and slows down work a hell of a lot. Never had this problem in any other version of PT. Might as well be working on an Atari.

By the way i have an 002r and a Dual 1.8 G5 with 2.5 G ram and Tiger 10.4.2.

I might also add that I am using a Mighty mouse.....but it was fine in pt 6.9.2.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:56 PM

Max, I can say that the Wacom tablets (I use two Graphire II 4x5) have worked GREAT for me on both of my systems: PT 5.2.1cs1 for OS9 and PT6.4 for OSX. (I bypassed the 6.9 upgrade). The problem is only happening since I updated PT to version 7.
I started using the tablets when the pain in my wrist became unnacceptable... since then, no more pain, and my workflow is better.

Squint, can you confirm that you are experiencing the same problem WITHOUT using any Wacom products?

Thanks guys.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:39 AM

I'm just using the Apple Mighty Mouse. No Wacom products. Didn't do it in pt 6.9.2 and ive got no unsupported plug ins etc.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:03 AM

Thanks Squint. This is important because it would seem to indicate that more people should be experiencing this problem, IF they work fast and use their graphic interface like the madman on caffeine that I am I haven't heard back from Digi about this problem. Will let you know if I do.