How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 10:48 AM

Default midi timeing is off.. HELP

Hello,
I spent over an hour on the phone with tech support the other day and they told me that they need to do more research in order to fix my prpblem and they will get back to me. I just bought a digi 002 control board. It is connected to a mac g4 733 with 896 megs of ram. My keyboard controller is a yamaha motif es8.
I am running protools version 6.4. Everthing works great expect for one thing. When I tell protools to play a midi track, and when I play along to that midi track, it almost sounds like the piano is doubling. There is a midi and even an audio latency. Digidesign even proved it to me by doing a midi loop test. Here is what I did. I took 1 midi cable and attched it to the midi in and the midi out on back of my digi 002. Remeber I used the same cable for that. I then took another midi cable and connected it to the 2nd midi out port on back of the digi 002 and then connected the other side of the cable to the midi on port on my keyboard. I then created 3 tracks. 2 midi tracks and 1 audio track. I then penciled in a bunch of notes on to the first midi track. Then, I record enabled the 2nd midi track and also the audio track and recorded about 10 seconds woth of data. Then I went into grid mode. Everything should exaclt line up in the grid, but it did not. The notes on the 2nd midi track started later then the 1st midi track and the audio started even later then both midi tracks. Here is what I have tried to correct the problem:
1. Turned Local control off on my keyboard
2. Low latency monitering.
3. I also played with midi global offset, which digidesign told me they rearly ever have to use that option. Which it did work in a way. I was able to get the midi exact by setting the midi global offset to -2200, but that did not take care of the audio part of it.
4. I have tried creating aux tracks.

Nothing seems to be working.. Please help me
Old 02-25-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: midi timeing is off.. HELP

Try reducing buffer size to about 256.