Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2023, 10:28 AM

Default How do I download tracks?

Hi. When I download my project it downloads as an MP3 file. How do I download so its a folder with tracks, that I can send to an engineer to mix and edit?

Thanks.
Old 02-05-2023, 11:31 AM

Default Re: How do I download tracks?

Humm not trying to smart aleck BUT your best bet to get answers targeted to your specific situation is

First:: list your system details in your signature line under the "User CP" far left in the header just under the top header . As I have done

Then people replying have some idea how answer
For Example not knowing which version of PT are you using ? you question either makes some sense or it base on the wrong terminology and make little sense

Are you talking about trying to download individual tracks to your computer from cloud storage (as in the old PT free version that had no local storage ?) in which case Never used it and have no suggestion

OR do actually mean how to export all the individual tracks to your desk top, to be able to send to a mix engineer

In the second case see below

In the Edit Window, group all tracks. There are two easy ways to do this:
Choose ALL from the Groups window
Option + Click on one of the track names (which selects all tracks), on the menu bar, click Track, Groups (notice that all audio tracks are currently in Group), click OK
Using the selector tool, click and hold beyond the end of the last audio track, then drag back to the beginning of the session, so that the entirety of all tracks are selected
Go to the Edit Menu and select Consolidate Clip, which will make each track a single file, with all the audio files the same length — starting from the beginning of the session
Click Shif t+ Command + K to bring up the Export menu
Select File Type: WAV Format: (Multiple) Mono Bit Depth: 24 Bit Sample Rate: 96kHz
For Destination Directory, click Choose, then create a Directory for the exported files, with the name of the song to be exported
For Resolve Duplicate File Names, choose Prompting For Each Duplicate
Click Export

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 02-05-2023, 12:40 PM

Thank you K Roche!

You answered my question, and I am taking your input. New here :) Much appreciate.
MBox Air 2
ProTools Artist 10.0 2022
New York City
Old 02-05-2023, 01:05 PM

OK good

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 02-05-2023, 01:19 PM

PS: if the person you are sending to is also a ProTools user you could just send the entire session folder.
TB Native + Omni at home
Apogee Duet 3 on the road
Old 02-05-2023, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _JJ_ View Post
PS: if the person you are sending to is also a ProTools user you could just send the entire session folder.
Yeah, he is, and he asked for this

Do you;

File > Export > Selected Tracks as New Session ?
MBox Air 2
New York City
Old 02-05-2023, 02:40 PM

No "exporting" necessary if you send the whole thing. Just find the folder that the session resides in (has the ".ptx" file and sub-folders for "Session File Backups", "Audio Files", etc) and send the other party that entire folder via DropBox, WeTransfer or some other way. The other party should be able to open it right up and work on it with all your edits routing and plugins in place.

The only catch is if your audio files have not been copied into that "Audio Files" sub-folder. If it's empty then you have a couple options... One is to export the tracks as K Roche has described. Another is to "Save Copy In" (or might be "Save As"), select a new location for the whole session and be sure to "include audio".
TB Native + Omni at home
Apogee Duet 3 on the road
Old 02-05-2023, 02:52 PM

Quote:
... Another is to "Save Copy In" ...
Yes!!! Zip this new copy folder & upload. I like GoogleDrive.
Click for audio/video demo
Click for resume
Old 02-05-2023, 04:11 PM

Quote:
No "exporting" necessary if you send the whole thing. Just find the folder that the session resides in (has the ".ptx" file and sub-folders for "Session File Backups", "Audio Files", etc) and send the other party that entire folder via DropBox, WeTransfer or some other way. The other party should be able to open it right up and work on it with all your edits routing and plugins in place.

The only catch is if your audio files have not been copied into that "Audio Files" sub-folder. If it's empty then you have a couple options... One is to export the tracks as K Roche has described. Another is to "Save Copy In" (or might be "Save As"), select a new location for the whole session and be sure to "include audio".
Thanks! I will try these options.
MBox Air 2
New York City