Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2012, 02:35 PM

Default Is there a way to undo plugin adjustments just like everything else.

Is there a way to undo plugin adjustments just like everything else.
Sometimes I find myself getting a little to creative on EQ but would like to undo it to a point where I liked it better.
Thanks HAVE A NICE DAY
Old 08-30-2012, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Is there a way to undo plugin adjustments just like everything else.

Wouldn't that be nice??!!

Only way I know of is to open a session backup and then save the preset in the Plug... then recall it in your main session.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Is there a way to undo plugin adjustments just like everything else.

Save As... is your friend.

If you decided to get experimental, just save a new session file. If you don't like it, open the older session file.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 08-30-2012, 03:10 PM

or just use the a>b function in many plugs
or the compare button.
e
Old 08-30-2012, 10:42 PM

Unfortunately undo/redo isn't possible with plugins.

I use a combination of command+shift+c and command+shift+v, also save as... making a temporary copy of a plugin, and also duplicating an entire track if I want to experiment.

Ideally I think it would be great if a DAW could keep two separate undo histories/sequences for edit and mix/plugin functions. Imagine if command z and command shift z undid/redid edits, and adding option to those commands undid volume, pan, plugin parameters, etc...
OSX 10.7.5
Old 08-31-2012, 12:47 AM

That's why you have to love Waves plugins. They all have an undo-function implemented.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 08-31-2012, 02:44 AM

To simply reset any parameter, you can Alt-click on it(Option-click for Mac?). That trick will default almost any knob

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-31-2012, 11:00 AM

You can also save the settings as a preset before doing to much modifications. This way, you can switch easely from multiple versions of the tweaks you've done.

PT Ultimate 2022.10 on macOS 12.6.1
Old 08-31-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatbeatstudio View Post
Is there a way to undo plugin adjustments just like everything else.
Sometimes I find myself getting a little to creative on EQ but would like to undo it to a point where I liked it better.
Thanks HAVE A NICE DAY
Import plugin settings from one of the backup session files with Import Session Data.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbourque View Post
You can also save the settings as a preset before doing to much modifications. This way, you can switch easely from multiple versions of the tweaks you've done.
+1 on that...I had the same idea when I read the original post, but I was at work and I can't post anything from there...

And phatbeatstudio, given all the problems you've had, why don't you name each preset something like "2012-08-31 7-17PM" so you can keep track of them...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh