Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 06-19-2009, 02:46 AM

Default Strike - Import MIDI

I have not seen this question ask, so maybe I am really off-base, but it seems that there is no way to import a MIDI pattern into the Strike style editor.
The reason being that if I wrote several drum patterns as part of a Sibelius project and then imported the MIDI into ProTools 8, I could play Strike with the MIDI tracks in Kit mode, but it would be nice to use the complexity and pattern management features of Strike.
Russ shows how to fillet the drums out to several MIDI channels, but I would prefer to organize the drums and patterns all within Strike.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:33 AM

Default Re: Strike - Import MIDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeLoop View Post
I have not seen this question ask, so maybe I am really off-base, but it seems that there is no way to import a MIDI pattern into the Strike style editor.
The reason being that if I wrote several drum patterns as part of a Sibelius project and then imported the MIDI into ProTools 8, I could play Strike with the MIDI tracks in Kit mode, but it would be nice to use the complexity and pattern management features of Strike.
Russ shows how to fillet the drums out to several MIDI channels, but I would prefer to organize the drums and patterns all within Strike.
Not possible to import the patterns to MIDI, each pattern in Strike is effectively 3-4 patterns which gives you the complexity. You can however still vary the dynamics on your patterns. Your plan is already correct. What you could do is import a groove into Strike to change the feel.

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Strike - Import MIDI

>Not possible to import the patterns to MIDI, each pattern in Strike is effectively 3-4 patterns which gives you the complexity.

If you could import the basic pattern and then add the complexity it would be a whole lot easier than having to manually copy 6 or 8 patterns from a Sibelius chart.