Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 01:35 PM

Default newbie question about recording on through mbox

i am very new to pro tools and am tinkering with it through my behringer pmh2000 mixer, and was wondering how to record multiple seperate tracks all at once? like say 5 mics with each on there own track, or is this not possible trough the mbox because it has only 2 imputs? i have a 4 piece band with one vocal mic and would love to record all on there own track all at once. i understand i can lay down like a scratch then have everyone come back and do there thing on a seperate track. as i said i am very new to protools and i dont even understand how to get the 2 inputs on different tracks yet, so any help would be great. also with my berry pmh2000 and the mbox what am i really capable to do as far as recording? i used the berrypmh2000 for live gigs thats why i purchased it, then purchased the mbox as a way to get into home recording. i am reading all the forum post that i can and i do desire greatly to be somewhat savy about protools one day. thanks
Old 08-09-2007, 06:24 AM

Default Re: newbie question about recording on through mbox

Hi,

if you have the original mBox then you can only 2 inputs (2 mono or 1 stereo) at once.
the mBox 2 can record 4 inputs if you have an additional AD converter that has a S/P DIF output.

with your mixing board you can only feed the sum of the lot playing to your mBox.

regs
Old 08-12-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: newbie question about recording on through mbox

Suppose I had a second Mbox or something like a Firepod in addition to my Mbox, would I be able to get tracks from that device also?