Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2009, 01:49 PM

Default SC48, some questions, some answers ?

Hello,
I'm new user of sc48 (2.8.1) and happy with it.
Some questions:
- Ecx, It happens sometimes (often) to loose connections with the sc48 (wireless of wired), in the same time, no backup on usb stick, the board doesn't see the stick. No problem with the audio. The only solution is to reboot.
- Console light: Dimmer doesn't work, always at 100%.
- Propagate, very strange, if I split an input on 2 channels and I want to propagate a new input gain on different snapshot, it doesn't work if I do this operation from the first of the 2 channels, but ok from the last one.

Suggestion for a next version, some lcd screen on the desk with the snapshot playing.

And the last one, I want to use another screen because in some theatre, in the audience, it's too big for people behind me. What's the minimum dimension (12")? I've tried to use the desk only with a notepad 10" but the connection is too slow and the screen too small.

A lot of remarks but a very nice desk.

Nicolas
Old 12-03-2009, 04:21 PM

Default Re: SC48, some questions, some answers ?

Hi, grats on the desk.

Not sure on the other questions you have, but the resolution for the venue is 1024x768. Any screen that supports the resolution should work, the size just dictates ease.

Hope this helps.
Mac Pro 2x2.8GHz Quad-Core, 14gigs of ram
Macbook Pro w/Retina Display, 2.3Ghz i7, 16gigs of ram
Old 12-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Avid

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the comments, I'm glad you're enjoying the SC48. Regarding your first few comments, I understand that our field service team will be in touch to see what could be going on with the dimmer lights and intermittent connections.

Quote:
- Propagate, very strange, if I split an input on 2 channels and I want to propagate a new input gain on different snapshot, it doesn't work if I do this operation from the first of the 2 channels, but ok from the last one.
Here's what happening: the two channels will always share a common gain setting (because they share the same physical input), and when a snapshot is recalled the highest-numbered channel's gain setting will be recalled last and therefore determines the gain. When only the first channel is propagated, it doesn't update the stored gain of the second channel, so the old gain setting is applied. When the second channel is propagated, the first channel's stored setting isn't updated either, but since the second channel is recalled last in the sequence, its gain setting is applied to both channels.

So...

Rule of thumb: when propagating gain setting involving split channels, either propagate both channels (the recommended approach), or propagate the highest-numbered channel.

Quote:
What's the minimum dimension (12")? I've tried to use the desk only with a notepad 10" but the connection is too slow and the screen too small.
The limitation isn't the screen size, it's the resolution. Choose the smallest screen that supports 1024x768 resolution.

Sheldon
Old 12-06-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas Haber View Post
And the last one, I want to use another screen because in some theatre, in the audience, it's too big for people behind me. What's the minimum dimension (12")? I've tried to use the desk only with a notepad 10" but the connection is too slow and the screen too small.
Here it's also slow with my mac over the wifi but I noticed that wired PC on the same network was much-much faster. Almost realtime. I'm also interested what 12" are people using if any... I looked at the ebay and most I see are 12" touchscreens for cars.