Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-13-2011, 07:10 AM

Default Its time to sue digi/avid????

I'm planning to put up a site to collect signatures to sue digi for making expensive buggy product with crawling and lazy updates to it's users causing studio downtime for many years, really not acceptable. CORE-AUDIO MANAGER on HD or MBOX system is the buggiest software I've encountered on DAW both in home and commercial studio.
Sample rate option in HW Setup are gray-out in 48k with no chance to switch back to 44.1k, whereas in Audio MIDI setup is reading 44.1k... and you have to reboot pro tools software to enable it? Sometime it will stoping outputting audio signal in the middle of session, is this has to do with business tactics? 15,000 € worth of product.
This business practices is being going on for a while, until we do something about it, we shouldn't expect to see any fix soon from digi/avid.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:34 AM

Default Re: Its time to sue digi/avid????

To support my claims, I will be collecting related sites and post them here as an evidence... here are few ones... and you are free to post links here as well and please read the site before you post the links here....

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=293570
http://discussions.apple.com/thread....52341&tstart=0
Old 02-13-2011, 07:38 AM

Let's assume English isn't your first language. Okay, now that we're past that- Why is it that I haven't had any issues with PT9? I'm by no means a computer genius and I only got into computer based recording less than 2 years ago. In fact, PT9 is the only upgrade I've ever done. PTMP8 was my first DAW. I haven't put PT9 through it's gears yet, but I've only had it running for maybe a week and only done two light duty projects on it..... without so much as a hiccup. I'm sorry that you feel this way and hey, maybe I'm just really lucky but it seems like the biggest problems people have are incompatibilities that have been WELL DOCUMENTED. Yeah, it's a finicky/picky piece of software, but when everything is set up right, it's ROCK SOLID STABLE. I watch my buddy brag about how great Cubase is and then when I'm watching him work, he has to do things in a much more complicated manner and is closing and re-starting Cubase every half hour or so on big sessions because plug-ins will freeze or it just starts doing weird things and becoming unstable. No DAW is perfect, everyone knows this.

I DO however agree that PT9 still has some catching up to do in some areas, which I bet they're fully aware of and working furiously on.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:38 AM

Good luck.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:56 AM

Sorry for the cheap shot on your grammar, it's just that if you want anyone to take you seriously, you may not want to sound like a kid in his parent's basement beakin' off at the interwiz for ruining his WoW experience. I can completely understand your frustration but you should try to present yourself a little better.

And if you feel burnt by Avid, how do you think people feel when they buy a new car from GM only to find out they coulda bought a car from a competing auto maker that had options better suited to their needs. Would you sue them for selling you that car? No. Your friends would tell you that you should have done more research to find the most suitable purchase for your needs. If PT is SOOOOO BAAAAAD then no one would use it. People aren't stupid. They don't buy things because "everyone has one". There are plenty of engineers that came to PT from other DAW's because they had too many problems elsewhere.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:59 AM

It's a tool with a purpose. And for many it's the only tool they use. If your unhappy then your entitled. But don't screw it up for the rest of us. Choose your battles wisely and do your research.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:21 AM

@Dirt_

I think if my english is so bad, you wont be responding in the first place, our planet is mighty with thousands of language. the basis of language is to understand what am trying to get across to other user with same problem here...

pro tools is used differently by different users, and different users encounter different issues with their set-up, just because the issue is not applicable to you doesn't mean the issue doesn't exist, make a search yourself and you'll find all different issues regarding digi core-audio issues.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:38 AM

Whatever Dude. I have a 53 Track session running right now on this computer with? let me count, Hold on. I'm back. with 62 Plug-Ins running on my Mix and I cant even remember the last time Pro Tools 9 crashed on me for no reason. Now it has crashed twice but both times I did something Stupid in the middle of the session. Speaking of Stupid? Pro Tools is not perfect but it still is the best DAW out there, if you don't like it don't get on the Pro Tools Users Group saying you are going to Sue AVID and think the majority of people here are going to HELP you. Most of us have had problems but instead of getting on here and threatening to Sue we have done our research asked questions and built stable systems. So instead of thinking you are going to get someone like me to join you, you have another thing coming. If you do not like AVID Pro Tools go get Reaper for Free or Cubase 5, 6 or whatever (Cubase works great if you only have 5 tracks) or Logic Pro or whatever DAW you think is better. Then you could start making music instead of being on here trying to drum up support for something that I'm sure 98% of the people on here wont support you on. On the other hand you could Post a Report explaining the problems you are having in detail and as a community here including AVID Technical Support (who do sign on here when they are not working on trying to make Pro Tools even better) we all would love to help you work though the issues you are having with Your system.

Main:
Model: Dell 5750 Precision Workstation
CPU:*Intel Core Processor i7-10750H (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 2.60 GHz to 5.00 GHz,
Memory:64GB, 2X32GB,DDR4 2933Mhz Non-ECC
OS M.2 512GB PCIe NVMe, Record Intel 1TB SSD, 2T SSD, 1TB SSD
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen
AVID Pro Tools 2023.12
JBL LSR4328P 8"
JBL LSR310S 10 inch Powered Studio Subwoofer*
Yamaha HS50M Studio Monitors
Alesis Elevate 3 Studio Monitors
M-Audio Axiom 61 Midi Controller
Old 02-13-2011, 08:45 AM

Since Apple wrote Core Audio you might want to add them to the suit too....

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 02-13-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Omar Jun View Post
I'm planning to put up a site to collect signatures to sue digi for making expensive buggy product with crawling and lazy updates to it's users cause studio downtime for many years is costly and not acceptable.

CORE-AUDIO MANAGER on expensive HD or MBOX system is the most buggiest piece of software I've encounter in a DAW setup both in my studio and other studio I works frequently.

Sometime the sample rate option in HW Setup will gray-out siting comfortably in 48k without any luck to switch to 44.1k, whereas in Audio MIDI setup is reading 44.1k... and you have to lunch pro tools software to enable it, what is the sense of selling it with pro tools package if it's not usable?

Sometime it will stoping outputting audio signal in the middle of session for no reason and I think is all got to do with business tactics, and you are force to sticking to 15,000 € buggy product that looses value after few months.

Very unmoral business practices thats being going on for a while, until we all wake up and do something about it, we should not expect to see any change soon or foreseeable future from digi/avid.
BABA, let's try to get those issues resolved is what I think will benefit you and others as well. Suing computer language is a buggy code in itself.