Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-03-2008, 02:12 PM

Default Re: holy....

So do I presume correctly that those of us already with 48 tracks (not the full MPT) will be able to go up to 64 tracks?

Can't imagine ever going that far up though!

Ozman
Old 10-03-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
I don't have any info yet on the MPTK or DVTK upgrade prices, but the LE upgrade will be $149 and TDM/HD $249.
What if you just bought an interface with 7.4?

DigiTechSupt don't leave us hanging
Old 10-03-2008, 03:19 PM

What if I buy an MBox Micro for just over the upgrade price... would it come with v8?

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system
Old 10-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Avid

I'm sure there will be an 'amnesty' period for recent purchases, but what the cutoff date will be, I don't know yet. It will be posted closer to the release date.

As for MPTK or DVTK owners - again, specific info on upgrade paths will be made available closer to the release date.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Fu View Post
Appears to be $49 and you have to buy wrapper for another $49 so more like $98. And if it is such a cheap solution how come digidesign can't do it?
Buy the plugin for $49 and get the RTAS version for free in two weeks.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I'm sure there will be an 'amnesty' period for recent purchases, but what the cutoff date will be, I don't know yet. It will be posted closer to the release date.

As for MPTK or DVTK owners - again, specific info on upgrade paths will be made available closer to the release date.
Sorry to nag but could you give some insights into what is the typical grace period when buying stuff from digi?
I bought the MP Toolkit on august 1th, and now I see all these new features. It seems weird to me if every LE user gets the same features for 149$, as I paid 495$ for. Either way, I´m super exited about LE/MP8. I use LE professionally, and MP at home, and am looking forward to the new features. But buying the mpt2 after 3 months feels like I´m a horses@ss :/
MacBook Pro i7/Apogee One/Duet/ElevenR/Pro Tools 12
Preamps from UA, Mackie and Avid.
Listening through Dynaudio, Genelec and ADAM
Old 10-03-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Well, a plug-in is easier than complete integration and there are some technical hurdles that make this more difficult than it may seem (mainly due to how LE branches from HD and how ADC would differ in both branches).

You might want to look at Scarbee Red or there's a new one that seems promising..starts with a V I think. Sorry I can't remember the name - they have a full page ad in one of the recent EM mags...

I don't have any info yet on the MPTK or DVTK upgrade prices, but the LE upgrade will be $149 and TDM/HD $249.

We know people want ADC and it's on our radar, but when or if it will be integrated at some point is not something I can comment about.
Please please please PLEASE integrate ADC for LE users. It really is a workflow problem.

Honestly the main reason why I don't compose in Pro Tools is because of the lack of ADC. There are some third party VIs that incur ADC and it makes composing much more of a pain then it should be. THEN when mixing... MOST, if not ALL, third party plugs in incur obvious delays but man ADC would be a dream come true for A LOT of users. I have the liquid mix and choose to only use it on a stereo bus because of how awkward it can be to use it on "certain" tracks... which basically takes away 90% of my options with the LM and the REAL reason I bought that in the first place.

That third party ADC plug in looks okay although it's still not quite a "fix". And for the money that's kind of what we really want.

BESIDES THAT... though... Pro Tools 8 looks incredible! Love the new look. Love the new Midi options and windows. Love the comping feature. Love the ability to mix modes together (Slip + Grid, Grid + Shuffle etc). Love the new Shift + S and Shift + M features.

With that said... I just will not upgrade until the ADC thing is fixed. I'm pretty disappointed to be honest. I would've bet my life that they would've included it in Pro Tools 8.

Whenever it gets ADC... or even some type of even PAID update for ADC... I'll upgrade.

Looks superb otherwise though!
Old 10-03-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozman View Post
So do I presume correctly that those of us already with 48 tracks (not the full MPT) will be able to go up to 64 tracks?

Can't imagine ever going that far up though!

Ozman
I doubt it man. Which means that whoever has purchased the Music Production Toolkit for LE will probably be upset because in 8 ALL users will have 48 tracks which renders the MPTK useless.

They could give us MPTK owners free or for a small fee... upgrades to the MPTK2. I think that's pretty fair.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Avid

Quote:
That's kinda what I was figuring. I'm just curious how the "pay to use" AIR stuff will differ from the "included for the price of an upgrade" plugins in the future. Seems like Digi is kinda squeezing their own market a bit.. Not necessarily bad or anything, just a bit different from what we've seen so far...
How will they differ? Well, if quality is a concern, I don't think you'll need to worry. The suite of plug-ins that will come with Pro Tools is really top-notch. I think you'll agree once you get to hear them in action.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Avid

Quote:
Sorry to nag but could you give some insights into what is the typical grace period when buying stuff from digi?
From what I understand, the amnesty period will be from the date of the announcement - October 3rd.