Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-27-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: THAT AGGRIVATING WHITE NOISE!!!!!

well I guess if its just a ginnie pig drive then it wouldn't matter too much....

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 12-27-2007, 10:09 PM

Yeah but if it works and its a drive issue, i will just keep the new one, WHAT DRIVES ARE YOU GUYS USING?

I have a western digital caviar se 160GB drive sata
Old 12-27-2007, 10:35 PM

ALL MINE ARE LaCie except for my internal which is maxtor sata....I have 5 externals...
I was gonna ask that too tho as far as what everyone thats gettin the noise uses DRIVE wise....
(I DIDN'T say it Doug-don't wanna steal ur word...lol)

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 12-29-2007, 09:45 AM

Sad day people, unfortunetly i moved a new project to my c drive and i got the SKOIKED ( nice one doug) noise when trying to send 3 piano tracks to an aux channel. So regrettably, im getting rid of PTHD. I hope you guys figure out the problem, i just cant sit around and wait to see if digi ever wants to address the problem after i have spend money on this HD system, then to charge me 2 dollars a minute is retarded. Im moving to either a cubase/Dm4800/RME set up or logic/symphony set up. What also help me decide is that i wanted a control 24 and they have so many PSU issues that replacing needs to be done 1 a year(WTF!) and a new C24 costs 10k! I cant let me pockets get extorted any longer by this. Take care guys.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:10 PM

I had a problem similar to yours. It was my power supply. Once I replaced it, all the noises were gone.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:15 PM

Was it that skoiked noise that doug has? If so, you replaced the power supply on your computer or 002?
Old 12-30-2007, 07:46 AM

Sorry to hear about your ongoing problems with the skoik. I really don't expect any action on this until after New Years, but I have been loading up on examples of audio tracks and session files that bear the dreaded skoik. For what it is worth, I do not believe that this is a hardware related issue. The skoik just became prevalent for me in 7.4. I know you said that you were getting them in 7.3cs4 but I never had a problem. I have tried recording to other internal and external drives and while this seems to take care of the problem in the short run, the Skoiks come back a couple hours into a session. It's not funny, but I have found a way to laugh at these in the short run, I am expecting some meaningful input from Digidesign after the holiday. If not, I will publish a new song featuring Skoiks every day until I get a fix or a triple album of Skoiks. I have been using PT for ~8 years now and I have made forays into Cubase et al. and have been unimpressed. I recommend that everyone who records with a computer have a working knowledge of other software platforms, but for my money, none of them come close to PT for the kind of work that I do. What is the reference to $2/minute. Did tech support charge you for phone assistance on this issue? That hardly seems cool. To date, I have not heard back from any of the engineers who have posted on this thread with regards to the skoiked files that I sent for review. If I can't get any help next week, I will try PMing Bharath or Tech Support. My studio hours are such that it can be problematic for me to make a phone call during business hours on the West coast so I would really appreciate it if you guys could chime in here or at least respond to the emails I have sent.

DEATH TO THE SKOIK (feel free to perpetuate knowledge of the skoik. Let all skoiks fear our wrath!)

Doug
Old 12-30-2007, 09:18 AM

i used to get little blasts of white noise at the end of my bounces when i was using an Mbox.

today i got a long sustained burst of white noise during playback on a session on my 002r.

the computer is a quad-core Opteron. very well-maintained. no web browsing. no apps installed except Pro Tools, Nero, and my plugins/softsynths.

this happened about 5 minutes after i trashed PT prefs, DAE prefs, volume ddb's, etc etc. pisses me the hell off and is killing my workflow. i have a ton of mixing to do in the next 2 weeks, lots of it on my LE rig. and this is nonsense. any real solutions? people been talking about this bug for several years now and i've never seen a definitive answer as to what's causing it.

jon
Old 12-31-2007, 01:29 PM

WELL THATZ THE THING THAT SUCKS MAJORLY; The fact that out of all the complaints on it they either act like or just don't know what the prob is; moving the sessions worked for me but yet & still its a problem regardless; I started this post weeks ago & have yet to see DIGITECH chime in yet with the exception of sayin send sessions which Doug & myself did to NO avail...So I really don't know what the hell to do or say on it....FARKIN SUCKS THO B/C IT DEFINITELY KILLS WORKFLOW & MOTIVATION OF WANTING TO WORK......

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 01-02-2008, 07:41 PM

Any new news?