Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Upgrade Problems - Help Please

This is a copy of a request for help that I posted to the Windows LE forum.

I have a Digi 001 PTLE 6.4 that is rock solid. After reading on this forum for a few months and being disappointed with the 003, I recently spent some money purchasing a ProFire LightBridge and ProTools Academic 7.3. I am too busy to tear down my studio rig so I have been testing the waters with the new equipment on my laptop. I have been running PTLE 7.1 with an Mbox 2 on this laptop for the better part of a year with no problems. Over the past couple of weeks I have been searching here at the forum to confirm my hardware is compatible with the most recent versions of the software and have gone through and implemented all of the suggestions for optimizing Windows to run protools. No matter what I do, when I open a session in PT Academic 7.3 it hangs up and will not respond. So far I haven't even been able to try to capture audio because PT hangs trying to import audio or create a new track. So today I purchased the LE upgrade to 7.3 so that I could use both softwares. I uninstalled PTA and installed PTLE 7.3 then went back to install PTA 7.3 and it still prompts me to remove the existing installation. The only information that I found on Digi's site and on this forum indicates that both versions of the software can exist on the same computer so long as they are the same release. Am I missing something here? Ironically, when I booted up LE 7.3 with the Mbox2, I was able to use PT flawlessly but after uninstalling LE7.3 and reinstalling Academic 7.3, the same sessions still hang! I am totally pumped to get my PFLB running with my new Digimax LT. I was drawn to PTAcademic because of Digitranslator and coexistence of LE and Mpowered/Academic on the same system. I was hoping to track in LE open in Academic and export to OMF for callaboration with other DAW users. Is it possible that only LE and Mpowered can coexist but not LE and Academic? My laptop is an HP Pavilion zv5000 P4 3.00Ghz with 1 GB RAM running Windows XP Pro SP2. It does not have a firewire connector on the motherboard so I am using a Belkin PCIMCIA card based on the Texas Intruments protocol. My next thought is to try to intall the PT Academic and PFLB on a computer with a 1394 port on the motherboard to eliminate the card as the cause of the hang ups. If anyone has had similar experiences and has found away to get all of the children to play nice together, I would appreciate the benefit of any solutions that you have come up with.

Thanks,
Doug
Old 05-02-2007, 06:01 AM

Default Re: Upgrade Problems - Help Please

Bump

Does anyone have Academic and LE 7.3 coexisting on the same machine? Anyone have Academic up and running at all?