How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 11-10-2015, 07:36 AM

Default ...before prices go up in 2016?

In the Avid Store one of the bullet points for the Annual Upgrade plan says:
"Upgrade or crossgrade now before prices go up in 2016"

Does that mean that those of us who upgraded early will pay more than $99 when our plans need to be renewed?

I'm assuming many have plans that expire 03/31/16 after purchasing during last year's promotion. I'm wondering how these users will be affected.

Last edited by jsbach; 11-10-2015 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:38 AM

Default Re: ...before prices go up in 2016?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbach View Post
In the Avid Store one of the bullet points for the Annual Upgrade plan says:
"Upgrade or crossgrade now before prices go up in 2016"

Does that mean that those of us who upgraded early will pay more than $99 when our plans need to be renewed?
As I understand it, if you're already on the plan, you'll renew for $99 and get automatically on their "All Access" plan. If you're not on the current upgrade plan by dec. 31 2015, and you do upgrade in 2016, first year of the new "All Access" plan is $299, renewable for $99.

Am I reading this right?

Quote:
Important info about Pro Tools upgrades
* If you currently subscribe to Pro Tools or are on an Avid upgrade plan for Pro Tools or Pro Tools | HD, your plan will automatically transition to the newly enhanced All Access Annual Upgrade and Support Plan. That means you now have access to all of the bonus plug-ins at no additional cost. When your plan is about to expire, just renew it starting at $99/year for Pro Tools (for continued access to new releases, plus $99/year for continued access to the bonus plug-ins and support) or $399/year for Pro Tools | HD (for continued access to new releases, bonus plug-ins, and support).

All active monthly and annual Pro Tools subscriptions include access to all upgrades, bonus plug-ins, and support throughout your subscription.

Please note that the current low-cost upgrade + All Access plan prices for Pro Tools and Pro Tools | HD are only available through December 31, 2015. Starting in 2016, if you are not on an All Access plan (or let your annual plan lapse), the price to purchase or reinstate a new All Access plan will be as follows:

Annual Upgrade plan for Pro Tools—$299 the first year, then $99/year thereafter (includes 12 months of upgrades only; does not include bonus plug-ins or support)
Annual Plug-in and Support plan for Pro Tools—$99/year (provides 1-year access to bonus plug-ins and support to complement your upgrade plan; upgrades not included)
Annual Upgrade and Support plan for Pro Tools | HD—$999 the first year, then $399/year thereafter (includes 12 months of upgrades, bonus plug-ins, and support)
While the Annual Plug-in and Support Plan is available to Pro Tools 11 users for $99/year, it does not come with access to Pro Tools 12 software or an upgrade plan.

Please note that while Pro Tools | HD 12 can be used as standalone software, it only works with Pro Tools | HDX and Pro Tools | HD Native hardware (trade in your old hardware and save through December 31, 2015 only). An iLok 2 USB key (not included) is required to use the software.
https://www.avid.com/US/products/pro...ware#licensing
Old 11-10-2015, 08:39 AM

Curious about this as well...
Old 11-10-2015, 08:40 AM

No. That is for Upgrades/Crossgrades. If you are on a plan already then you will be Renewing. I realize a Renewal is an upgrade since it comes with upgrades but the semantics are important to distinguish.

The price goes up for those NOT already on a plan by the end of 2015 (or if you let your plan lapse). Meaning you can upgrade from a lower version now for less than it will cost next year.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-10-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
No. That is for Upgrades/Crossgrades. If you are on a plan already then you will be Renewing. I realize a Renewal is an upgrade since it comes with upgrades but the semantics are important to distinguish.

The price goes up for those NOT already on a plan by the end of 2015 (or if you let your plan lapse). Meaning you can upgrade from a lower version now for less than it will cost next year.
Thanks Benoni.

So, you're saying that the "prices go up" warning only applies to those who don't get on board by the end of 2015? It shouldn't affect those who are already on a plan?

I guess the confusion comes from the fact that renewals don't seem to be available yet, so the $99/year price for those already on the plan can't be confirmed.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post

Yes that's how I understand it as well

Son of My Suffering for the save
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbach View Post
I guess the confusion comes from the fact that renewals don't seem to be available yet, so the $99/year price for those already on the plan can't be confirmed.
Quote:
* If you currently subscribe to Pro Tools or are on an Avid upgrade plan for Pro Tools or Pro Tools | HD, your plan will automatically transition to the newly enhanced All Access Annual Upgrade and Support Plan. That means you now have access to all of the bonus plug-ins at no additional cost. When your plan is about to expire, just renew it starting at $99/year for Pro Tools (for continued access to new releases, plus $99/year for continued access to the bonus plug-ins and support) or $399/year for Pro Tools | HD (for continued access to new releases, bonus plug-ins, and support).
Looks like a confirmation to me.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV626 View Post
Looks like a confirmation to me.
Indeed it does! This info was not on the store page that I was referencing. Thank you for pointing this out. I think that clears everything up. Thanks!
Old 11-10-2015, 12:37 PM

This seems a little more straight forward.
http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/pro...upgrade-chart/