Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 01-16-2012, 02:42 PM

Angry iLok license retrieval for Pro Tools bundle

Hi all,

After a day of finally getting the iLok website to recognize my iLok and play nice with Pro Tools, I am experiencing a weird problem. The bundle containing Eleven, Strike, and Velvet, have been activated, and show up on my iLok account, yet Pro Tools keeps asking me for authorization through "card" or answering a challenge/response. iLok is inserted, and all drivers up to date as of today.

Could there have been a problem in the sequence of operations? (I couldn't figure out how to get the actual iLok recognized ("found") on the site until after I gave Avid my iLok user name and sent the products to the iLok site. Is there any way to remedy this without aggravating the Avid gods?
Old 01-19-2012, 06:14 PM

Default Re: iLok license retrieval for Pro Tools bundle

Have you downloaded/synched the ilok so that the licenses are actually on the ilok?

Pro Tools 2024.3

Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 01-28-2012, 09:11 PM

I am having the EXACT same issue.

Whenever I start up Pro Tools, I get an error stating: "This version of Eleven requires authorization to run, but the authorization cannot be found in the installed iLok (Serial # x). To authorize this iLok, please insert the license card for this software.

The iLok website can find and sync my ilok with my account without any issues. I'm running Win7 64bit, and device manager detects the ilok without issue.

I've tried other usb ports as well, no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:59 PM

Did anyone find a solution to this? I just updated from 10.3.2 to 10.3.4 and now I'm getting the same message from Eleven LE.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:59 PM

Are you running the newest AAX version of the eleven plug-in? If so that's the problem. The eleven le license only works on the RTAS version. That's the version you'll need to download and install.