Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2008, 12:12 PM

Default "protools cant make autobackup because access violation "

why??? and then "disables your auto backup session ...." , if i do that i cant restore any session if i have a problem ?

i have asus m2n sli , a amd 64 x2 , 4 g ram , 2 sata hard drive , g force video card .
Old 12-24-2008, 01:54 PM

Default Re: "protools cant make autobackup because access violation "

I'm not shure if I can help you, but what kind of sessions causes this error (how big the sessions are in tracks, bytes and minutes) and what PT version?
Old 12-24-2008, 03:14 PM

all the sessions , all the sizes i have pt 7.3.1 cs7 , maybe are the pace driver ? , thanks for your help .
Old 01-25-2009, 06:06 AM

I just started getting exactly the same error message.
I'm running LE 7.4 as I've been doing for a long time, and yesterday I started getting the error.

After the error, I can't save the session using SAVE or SAVE AS or SAVE COPY IN: Protools crashes and keeps showing "access violation ocurred" everytime I click something.

The session is about 3 minutes, around 10 Midi tracks, and 4 mono audio tracks. No big deal...

Help??
Old 01-25-2009, 04:50 PM

I've had this issue. It seems to be on an individual session basis. Without having ever solved it, I have moved the data to a new session and gone on wth life. I hope someone can offer a better solution.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-25-2009, 05:00 PM

When I've received these types of nags on my MAC rigs (HD/LE) I do a Digi Database delete and the problems go away. I haven't yet gotten these on my PT/XP rig, but I'll bet it will work. There is no danger in trashing DDB's or even DAE Prefs for that matter. They are remade fresh on the next launch of PT. That's the idea, you are manually flushing what could be some corruptions. In fact when I'm reconfiging PT installs I regularly do this as I introduce or delete plugins. It's a good habit to do this onece a month or so.

Try it out and see if it helps.

Wilson Dyer mpse
Old 01-29-2009, 05:19 PM

Unhappy Re: "protools cant make autobackup because access violation "

I've started getting this, too, using LE 7.3.1.
I have no cracked plug-ins, I have reformatted the drive, trashed preferences, finally deleted everything and put it all back on my computer, and still it won't autosave. I seem to be able to save it every few minutes manually (although been getting occasional crashes), but no autosave and when I close session there is no waiting for it to back up - it just shuts straight away. Are there loads of people getting this?
Old 01-29-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicshere View Post
I've started getting this, too, using LE 7.3.1.
I have no cracked plug-ins, I have reformatted the drive, trashed preferences, finally deleted everything and put it all back on my computer, and still it won't autosave. I seem to be able to save it every few minutes manually (although been getting occasional crashes), but no autosave and when I close session there is no waiting for it to back up - it just shuts straight away. Are there loads of people getting this?
You have to be sure to delete all Digi Databases from all drives in your system... and then be sure to empty your trash.

One other thought is to make sure you are current on 7.3.1 cs updates as well. There are many under the hood fixes in these that help all kinds of issues.

Again I used to have this on my Macs but ever since I trashed DB/Prefs regularly AND kept current on cs UD, those rigs have been rock solid.