Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2015, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Where is my Pro Tools 12 Upgrade?

so you have to raise your hand in this thread to receive your software which you've already paid for
WOW

WOW
Old 03-28-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xq3js View Post
so you have to raise your hand in this thread to receive your software which you've already paid for
WOW

WOW
No, we are processing the upgrades so you will see it in your account.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdwyer View Post
And where might I find these installers? They're not in my Avid account.
The email I sent yesterday from your case had a link to the installers. Please let me know if you didn't get that and I'll resend it.

Quote:
And I'm assuming that by getting a temp license I will have to do this again in 30 days?
It will not take 30 days to process your upgrade, but when that does happen the product/installers will be in your account - you won't need to download/install again if you use the links I sent - and a perpetual license bundle will be deposited to your iLok account which you would then just Activate to your iLok2.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghor View Post
Hi Park,
You are right about PT12 which comes currently. Nothing new, perhaps some corrections done concerning bugs in PT11.3.

BUT I am talking about principles. If you promise something, I am waiting with trust that you will fulfill your promise = Avid has officially released the new PT12 (23.3.2015), but customers who have paid there money are still waiting...28.3.

I have never seen this kind of thing. But now my eyes are full open. Frankly Avid is becoming a "money making machine" and musicians, engineers ect. are only "customers" not clients who Avid should respect with passion.

I am waiting when Waves will bring there DAW.

Regards,
KP
Right, and that is in progress. This is not uncommon with a new release - it takes time to process upgrades. If you check the announcement posted here you'll see the initial 12.0 release is more of a platform change that adds Subscription Licensing and Application Manager which will will improve the upgrade process when new features are available. So this release is more about transitioning customers to 12 in advance of the feature upgrades that are coming.

For customers that can't wait for their upgrade to be processed we have been depositing temp licenses and providing the installers so you can run the software now if needed.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:12 PM

Thanks for your reply. I DID get the temp asset in my iLok account, but I did NOT receive and e-mail with links for the downloads.
Thanks.
T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
The email I sent yesterday from your case had a link to the installers. Please let me know if you didn't get that and I'll resend it.

It will not take 30 days to process your upgrade, but when that does happen the product/installers will be in your account - you won't need to download/install again if you use the links I sent - and a perpetual license bundle will be deposited to your iLok account which you would then just Activate to your iLok2.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdwyer View Post
Thanks for your reply. I DID get the temp asset in my iLok account, but I did NOT receive and e-mail with links for the downloads.
Thanks.
T
Sent again... Please let me know if you don't get it.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:44 PM

Got it, thanks for resending!
T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Sent again... Please let me know if you don't get it.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacha View Post
Subscriptions checked by hand ?? .... please .... give me my PT12. What's more, my "Pro Tools Upgrade With Annual Upgrade Plan" disappeared from the list of my products.
Replied from your support case last night, please reply to that email if you need anything else, thanks!
Old 03-28-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebasesound View Post
Hi Jeffro,
I bought and activated the 11 upgrade on December. I got the download link for pt 12 in my account, downloaded and installed it, but I am missing the license! Can You please look into it? I upgraded my mac to Yosemite 10.10.2 which is not supported with pt11!
By the way, the pt 12 download link disappeared again from my account!
Couldn't find you based on your community email address, and you update that to match your Avid account?

P.S. Yosemite support was added to Pro Tools 11 in v11.3, and v11.3.1 is the current version of Pro Tools 11.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:47 PM

Jeffro has done an incredible job trying to make the best of a not so good situation. I understand the frustration most people are expressing about the delay in being able to download their software. I feel that what's really blowing people's minds is that the whole paradigm of Avid's software marketing strategy has changed.

In an attempt to save money, I did the old upgrade shuffle within the last 30 days. I bought two different versions of PT to save some money in the upgrade process. My thinking was that because i activated PT 11 recently, that I would be eligible for a free or low cost upgrade to PT 12.

I feel pretty foolish after spending over $360 to get the software, and then less than a month later, I find that I could have gotten into PT 12 by signing up for a subscription with a monthly cost of $25 (Annual commitment). I have no problem with the subscription model (I pay Adobe a monthly fee for their software). I blame nobody but myself. I should have educated myself more thoroughly about the software model, and waited things out.

Having said all that, I am going to stick with Avid. They have a product that I like, that I'm willing to pay for...