Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-25-2004, 04:19 AM

Default PTLE 6.1 install CD major errors.

Hey all,
I have a rather bizzare problem, just wanted to see if anyone had a similar problem..
I've had heaps of errors on my comp and I've basically replaced most of my hardware.. finally I reinstalled windows (after about the 20th time) and got it working ok, but now when I try and install pro tools the install dies constantly.. "catastrophic failure" etc etc always to do with somthing in the install, or sometimes when just clicking on the exe..
i'm at my wits end, I just don't know what to do anymore,

any ideas

Andrew.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:24 AM

Default Re: PTLE 6.1 install CD major errors.

Ok actualy,
heres a thought, has anyone ever heard of a 001 wearing out ? or dying ?
mines about 4 years old and i'm having major problems, i've replaced nearly all hardware.. now I can't even open the PTLE install exe, it's like "catastophic error" sometimes i'll get half way through the install and it will fail (it will only get into the install if I delete the files in the temp dir and the install shield dir).. i've seen some people having this prob with progs install and fixing it by updating installshield or replacing the kernel.dll.... but i'm running XP and trying that stuff hasn't helped...
Sometimes i'll get the prog to half install and the error half way will cause the comp to crash to a BSOD usualy pad_pool_called or IRQ_no_less_equal etc etc...
anyone got any suggestions..
p.s. i've tried diff parts diff cables etc etc etc... so I can really only see it would be the digi or my video card.. but surley the installer for PT would still work,
it's been working fine through other installs since I got the thing last year

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Help anyone???????
Old 02-25-2004, 05:31 AM

I have a DIGI 001 that's approx 3 years old and it seems to alright but I also had a joyous time trying to get 6.1 to install and actually open once it was installed. PT wouldn't even launch and after doing some research, it seemed that doing a complete reformat of my system drive was the only solution. As soon as I did that and reinstalled 6.1, everything was fine.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:31 AM

I have a DIGI 001 that's approx 3 years old and it seems to alright but I also had a joyous time trying to get 6.1 to install and actually open once it was installed. PT wouldn't even launch and after doing some research, it seemed that doing a complete reformat of my system drive was the only solution. As soon as I did that and reinstalled 6.1, everything was fine.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:35 AM

it's been re-installed about 10 times,
thanks anyway... it sees the card and you could probably install the asio driver by selecting it in the windows wizard but you can't even open the .exe installer of 6.1 from the cd or the 6.1.1 asio driver .exe

thanks anyway tho man