Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 07-08-2011, 09:13 AM

Default So frustrated!

First off, hello to you all. I just bought MP9 and am so damn frustrated with everything right now. Let me quickly sum up the problems I've been having...

Oxygen 49 controller is not being detected. After hours of fiddling, I was able to get PT's to receive sound from it, but no MIDI controls. Plus, I couldn't get any sound from my M-audio mobile pre. I kept getting thee runtime errors and access violation screens when I was in periphals. Also, PT's won't recognize the keyboard personality even though it shows up under programs in Windows. I ran everything as an admin and still no luck.

I can't get any sound to my interface. I have my headphones plugged in, the interface set up correctly, but still nothing. I go undr I/O, and the mobile pre is set up right.

Now, I was getting pretty pissed at this point because I can't use any of the new gear I just bought because PT's is continuously freezing and giving me these error screens RANDOMLY.
So, I tried the update....BUT THE UPDATE DOESN'T DETECT PRO TOOLS ON MY COMPUTER. So, I decided to reinstall PT's but now the setup won't even LAUNCH! I'm stuck :[[[

ASUS K60 notebook
4G ram
Intel dual core processor
500GB hard drive
Windows 7 x64 home premium

If anyone can help me, I will love you forever. I just want to use my new Blue mic and keyboard with a program that I've heard is supposed to be the industry standard.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:34 PM

Default Re: So frustrated!

First off, and maybe its too late for you but others can learn from your goof, ALWAYS have a backup plan. This would have been a perfect place to use Acronis True Image and clone or image your system drive BEFORE you do any updates. Since you did not do this You might be best to just start from scratch. Get your system back to the way it was before you installed ANY version of PT by either using the uninstaller that comes on the installer disc, or by reformatting and loading Windows fresh, doing the system tweaks, and then image(Acronis). Next, install the drivers for your interface. Next step is to install Pro Tools, reboot and test. If all goes well, save another drive image, and then load in the rest of your software and plugins(3rd party stuff). Reboot and test again. If all goes well, save another drive image(the idea is to save an image when all is working at various stages, so you can get back to stages, without starting from scratch again).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave