Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2010, 06:54 PM

Default Will LE users ever get HEAT or a NEW INTERFACE/CONTROL SURFACE???

I would love to hear everyones thoughts. "HEAT" sounds pretty damn good.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Will LE users ever get HEAT or a NEW INTERFACE/CONTROL SURFACE???

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsongstudios View Post
I would love to hear everyones thoughts. "HEAT" sounds pretty damn good.
HEAT is good---but frankly Phoenix or McDSP's Analog Channel are still VERY good! As to the control surface...it's called the EUPHONIX MC ARTIST. You're going to see a far better integration soon with ProTools---we all know it, or they wouldn't have bought Euphonix. I saw the writing on the wall, that's why I sold off my Control24 and replaced it with (5) MC units.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:57 PM

As for new interfaces, just take a look at the new ones. Ahhh, but they are for HD only you say... But just wait a little while and you'll see. It will all start to make sense...just give it time...

Derek Jones Linkedin
Megatrax Recording Studios
Megatrax Studios Yelp Page
A-list Music Artist Page
Old 08-17-2010, 07:19 PM

Brad, I'm glad you mentioned Analog Channel. A rep at SW (hope it's ok that I said that) recommended the Emerald Pack to me. Do you find that you can get that type of color that HEAT seems to get with AC1? It doesn't seem as warm to my ears.

Also do you think LE users like myself will have upgrade options in the future like a upgraded control 003 or do you think that OMNI is that product?

sorry for all the questions but I value your opinion.

-Evan.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:52 PM

bump
Old 08-18-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradLyons View Post
HEAT is good---but frankly Phoenix or McDSP's Analog Channel are still VERY good! As to the control surface...it's called the EUPHONIX MC ARTIST. You're going to see a far better integration soon with ProTools---we all know it, or they wouldn't have bought Euphonix. I saw the writing on the wall, that's why I sold off my Control24 and replaced it with (5) MC units.
I had the same feeling about it Brad...

I bought 5 Units as well, before AVID raised the price.
Great controllers !

Now...
Looking forward to software updates

G
Old 08-18-2010, 07:13 PM

Yes yes Heat sounds good but Mcdsp Analog channel is amazing. I have a feeling Le will never see it. We have other great plugs though that sound better. Please, try Analog Channel.You have so much control with it. Plus it is 2 plugins. Colin use to work for Digi i am surprise they didn't use him instead.

http://www.audiosparx.com/waynedawkins
Old 08-18-2010, 08:12 PM

I've been holding off getting anything to replace my aging Mackie Controls. I liked the MC series but was worried what might change. I know you simply have to get what you need when you need it and waiting on the next big thing will just mean constantly waiting. But having just bought the company I was afraid that Avid might drastically changed the design from the Euphonix versions or it wouldn't be just a software upgrade and I'd be stuck with the former versions.

I understand the need for all the secret plans, release dates, and confidentiality. But sometimes, as I sit here working around more dead faders on these MCUs (which Mackie stills wants $70 US each for and I've went through 4 in 2 years) it just stinks waiting on all the info to get released so you can make replacements and upgrades and get back to work.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:44 PM

hey Brad, how do you use the mcdsp analog channel? do i insert it as the first plug in on every channel or do i add it to the master fader? what do i need to do?
Old 08-19-2010, 12:40 AM

McDSP---makers of some of the best plugins there are. COLIN McDOWELL is not only an amazing programmer---but really understands what we engineers actually want. There are (2) plugins I just can't go without..... the ML4000 and ANALOG CHANNEL. I do a lot of LARGE scale recordings, primarily live location where I could have as many as 80-physical inputs/tracks. I will use Analog Channel on nearly every track---collectively, it makes a significant difference. I do use it as the first plugin on everything track, to answer that question.

speaking of control surfaces---I've actually been working on a design of my own, but no one wanted to listen. I know what the end-users want, what is needed, the HUGE gaps, and what should fill those. I'm debating if I want to shop this to get someone to design/build it---or call it quits and throw my ideas up here. As to the Euphonix Artists v/s the Mackie---understand the Mackie hasn't been available for what, over 2-years now? Now that Euphonix is owned by Avid, you WILL see much more integration including EuCon and sooooo much more into ProTools. As to changing the designs---I don't see that happening, I mean---why? The fact is those MC ARTISTS units are actually quite cool---it's just a matter of software code to really take advantage of what it can do. That MC CONTROL V2 is freaking amazing---and worth it! I am expecting my desk in today, can't wait to get everything installed and post some pictures. I believe in the MC Artist series and that it will be around for awhile.