Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 07-31-2022, 09:09 AM

Default MTRX Studio doesn't Power on

Hi guys,

My MTRX Studio doesn't power on. I can see that there are some energy coming through, the leds inside are on and flashing, but in the front, nothing happens. I tried to hold the power button for multiple different times... nothing.

Also I read the manual and tried to restore the interface by pressing the small button on the the back of the interface, following all the instructions, but nothing happened as well.

In the DADman, the interface shows offline, without any connection.

Is there any other option to try to revive the interface or just sending back for support?

Thx
Old 07-31-2022, 01:25 PM

Default Re: MTRX Studio doesn't Power on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursoctba View Post
Hi guys,

My MTRX Studio doesn't power on. I can see that there are some energy coming through, the leds inside are on and flashing, but in the front, nothing happens. I tried to hold the power button for multiple different times... nothing.

Also I read the manual and tried to restore the interface by pressing the small button on the the back of the interface, following all the instructions, but nothing happened as well.

In the DADman, the interface shows offline, without any connection.

Is there any other option to try to revive the interface or just sending back for support?

Thx
What’s the serial number, out of interest? I’m on my second one, I had a channel stop working on the first. I wonder if there’s a batch that was undercooked.
Old 07-31-2022, 02:58 PM
Avid

Greetings,

Can you see or connect to the device in DADman via Settings > Device List > IP ?

If so, if you right click on the IP address what do you see?

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 08-01-2022, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Greetings,

Can you see or connect to the device in DADman via Settings > Device List > IP ?

If so, if you right click on the IP address what do you see?

Jeff
Hey Jeff.

No, It does not appear into DADman. "DADman cannot find this unit:"

I also uploaded a video showing what's going on.

Video:
Old 08-01-2022, 05:20 AM
Avid

DADman cannot find this unit would only present if DADman is trying to restore settings and profiles from an existing device.

(A) Do you have network communication / link happening from MTRX ST to the workstation. On the Mac > System Preferences > Network.

(B) If you open DADman and go to Settings > Device List > can you see (refresh) any MTRX devices on the network listed by IP address?

(C) If you do see an IP address > can you right-click and toggle into application mode?

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 08-01-2022, 12:15 PM

Quote:
DADman cannot find this unit would only present if DADman is trying to restore settings and profiles from an existing device.

(A) Do you have network communication / link happening from MTRX ST to the workstation. On the Mac > System Preferences > Network.

(B) If you open DADman and go to Settings > Device List > can you see (refresh) any MTRX devices on the network listed by IP address?

(C) If you do see an IP address > can you right-click and toggle into application mode?

Jeff
Hey Jeff.

The MTRX is "dead". It simply doesn't appear anywhere. The lights inside are on, the ethernet plug is flashing, but at the front is all black and offline.
Old 08-01-2022, 12:43 PM
Avid

Certainly feel free to engage support. I've seen this behavior before and recovered units that appeared lost at sea. If you would like to try some other tests PM me.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 08-02-2022, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Certainly feel free to engage support. I've seen this behavior before and recovered units that appeared lost at sea. If you would like to try some other tests PM me.

best,

Jeff
Thx, Jeff. I appreciate the help.

Customer service is already handling now. Will dispatch to repair.

Cheers
Old 08-22-2023, 07:32 PM

I'm having a similar issue but the power button is flickering and I can hear the unit clicking internally. It seems there is a power issue related to outlets in this new studio we moved into. The Audient ASP880 is reacting the same way. Is there a particular tolerance that equipment like this must have in the power supplied or it will not function? The other gear in the setup powers on and seems to work ok but these two units (that worked fine in the previous location) are not happy.
Old 08-22-2023, 10:41 PM

Put them on any voltage regulation UPS.

You'll be able to see what the wall is supplying and the UPS will boost (or cut) for voltage irregularities. They are pretty cheap. They CyberPower ones are pretty easy to go with from Amazon. (you are looking for the feature of "AVR" = automatic voltage regulation)
We had one grid (literally 2 blocks) of the city power supply that was consistently varying out of standard and tripping up gear at a studio. Had to call the city and demonstrate the issue and they were able to fix it. But the swing was so wild that even AVR couldn't manage it (but we could see it on the readout which is how we found the problem.) That was with a Furman unit with AVR (which was less capable than the the Cyberpower ones today.) APC and Tripplite units have it too (the spec sheets will tell you how much variance they can deal with.)