Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2003, 09:53 PM

Default Select an area to turn down volume

This is really easy to do in CEP and SoundForge.
But I have not been able to figure out how to select an area; a part of a sound file, and turn down the volume in just that section. In my case it's only about 3-5 seconds, sometimes 30. This is for a friend who is working on a short movie. They have a scene where there is a car moving and the sound gets too loud in that scene when compared to the rest of the tape.
In Pro Tools do I need to highlight and the change the view to volume?
When I do that it only works on one of the channels. The recording is in stereo and on L and R single track, in a .mov format.

Thanks.

GtrPlayer.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Select an area to turn down volume

So many choices.. Group the 2 mono tracks, or convert them to a stereo track.. in PT 6.1 in command focus mode the - key toggles the current track to display volume automation.. or CTRL+START click on an automated item to display it's automation graph. Make a selection with the Selector Tool (F7) and use the Trimmer Tool (F6) to lower (or raise) the volume automation.

Or use the Gain AudioSuite plug-in.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••