Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2024, 08:33 AM

Default DADman Import Profile

Our studio mac is networked, with multiple users logging in (University students). We want them all to use the same profile which we have copied to their user documents.

I've noticed that users must import the DADman profile each time they log in, even if they save the profile when logging out.

So, I wondered if this was unusual or if the profile should be recalled on login?

I'm also unsure of the difference between Open Profile and Import Profile. Would one option be better than the other when dealing with a multi-user setup like this?
Old 03-15-2024, 03:06 PM
Avid

Default Re: DADman Import Profile

Greetings,

If you use File > Import Profile - you can bring in a Monitor Profile which was created on a MTRX device with a serial number different from your existing. If the monitor profile was created on this device - simply use Open Profile. After performing Import Profile, you need to choose your device from the Select Unit pop-up and then tick Enable Monitor, then I would recommend having them perform a File > Save Profile as... with student name and date. As long as DADman > Settings - has Open last profile at Startup ticked, DADman will restore the last saved state.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 03-19-2024, 05:26 AM

Default Re: DADman Import Profile

Thanks Jeff. Sounds like Open Profile would be best as we're all using the same MTRX unit. Will give it a try...