Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 09-20-2022, 07:55 AM

Default Avid Link - Lounges Not Working

I thought I'd give Link another try so I could participate in the feature requests page. True to form, it's not working for me. None of the buttons in the Lounges page do anything when I click them.

Is there any reason this stuff can't live on a webpage accessible by a standard browser?

macOS 12.5.1
Avid Link 2022.9
Old 09-20-2022, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Avid Link - Lounges Not Working

It's working for me.... I just clicked into Get Help, and answered someone asking if Pro Tools was on Chromebook.

Also true to form.. It's always worked for me.....more or less.

I understand some have issues, but it's improving over time.

It could be better. But it could be worse. "Portals" DO make it easier for me to manage plug-in/software suites rather than going to a million webpages.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 09-20-2022, 10:09 AM

Working correctly here - any others seeing this issue?

Next step might be to Clear Cache Files in Prefs and report back. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2022, 12:54 PM

Thanks for your reply, jeffro. I tried clearing the cache but to no avail.

Right now the only link on the Lounges page that leads anywhere is the Privacy Policy small print. The others (ie. Feature Requests) simply do nothing when clicked. Every other page accessible from the side panel of the app seems to work fine.
Old 02-03-2023, 03:22 AM
Development Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Working correctly here - any others seeing this issue?

Next step might be to Clear Cache Files in Prefs and report back. Thanks!
I'm getting the problem here as well. Might have had it for a while, but I haven't used lounges in a few months. I'm getting it both on my Mac Studio (Monterey) and my MacBook Pro (Ventura). I can see the links for different topics under Lounges, but none of the links work. Tried clearing caches, turning off VPN, signing out and back in, rebooting system and so on.
Old 02-05-2023, 08:51 AM

Again, I have to ask why Lounges are accessible only from the Link app and not a web browser when by all appearances a web page is all it is.
Old 02-05-2023, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleDjango View Post
Again, I have to ask why Lounges are accessible only from the Link app and not a web browser when by all appearances a web page is all it is.
Even if you've uninstalled Avid Link (which I have) you can still use the Avid Link menu inside PT, and get to the lounges that way. That way you get to see all the idiotic comments from the Tik-Tokkers from within Pro Tools. In all seriousness, I'm pretty unimpresed to see that the PT reps spend more time in those lounges than on DUC.

Dominic
Old 02-05-2023, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicperry View Post
Even if you've uninstalled Avid Link (which I have) you can still use the Avid Link menu inside PT, and get to the lounges that way. That way you get to see all the idiotic comments from the Tik-Tokkers from within Pro Tools. In all seriousness, I'm pretty unimpresed to see that the PT reps spend more time in those lounges than on DUC.

Dominic
I have the same problem with this method, which is that none of the links in the window that opens do anything when clicked.
Old 02-05-2023, 10:04 PM

The lounges wouldn't open for me last week the once I checked, but they appear to be working just fine for me tonight.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control