Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 06-23-2013, 09:12 AM

Default MIDI Editor: indicate clip boundaries?

I apologize if this has been asked/answered before ... I tried searching but any query involving the term "MIDI" brings up very many unrelated results.

So here is my question:

Is there a way to show clip boundaries in the MIDI editor? Better yet, is it possible to open a single clip as opposed to the entire track and all of the clips on it? (I don't think the latter is possible.)

I am finding that, when I want to edit notes in a particular clip on a track containing many other clips, it is distracting to try to distinguish clip boundaries among the sea of MIDI note data.

If not, is there any workflow that might mimic this? I have been creating markers for each clip so that, once in the MIDI editor, I can see where clips start and end. I have also tried turning off Link Edit Selection and Timeline Selection so that the time selection indicators show where the clip of interested is even as I go about my editing. I have tried assigning a different color to each clip. All of these work, but are cumbersome.

Any other suggestions?